Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosrin2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 08:07 PM
    Dealer won't sell me vehicle after I signed the contract.
    Hello,
    Last week I purchased a brand new 2008 Mazda Tribute from a Mazda dealership in Agincourt Ontario. The contract was signed and I left a $500. Deposit. I was to pick up the vehicle a few days later as it was being rustproofed. The vehicle I chose in the lot matches the vehicle in the contract. But, now the manager won't give me the vehicle because it has some options that they were not aware of and he tells me the vehicle is worth $2,000.00 more than what he sold it to me for. What are my options? Can they refuse to sell me the vehicle after the contract was signed?

Thank You
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 8, 2008, 08:09 PM
    Did the vechile list that cars specific VIN ?
    And did they sign the contract also and do you have a copy of that contract
    rosrin2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 05:28 AM
    I have to check to see if the contract has the same VIN. The contracts are signed by them and myself. So, if the vin is the same what recourse do I have if they still won't give me the vehicle. I really don't want to drag this to court and waste more time and money. Is there a government agency I could call to help me deal with this? What about calling Mazda head office?

Thanks
    Ross
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2008, 05:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rosrin2
    Is there a government agency I could call to help me deal with this?
    Hello r:

Government?? Help?? What have you been smoking??

There IS one government agency out there to help, but you said you don't want to go there. That's the courthouse...

Even if I wasn't prepared to go to court, I wouldn't let them know that. As a matter of fact, I'd let them know that that's exactly where I'm headed. You have a signed contract... Too bad they screwed up.

I'd write 'em a letter. Tell them that YOU own the car, and you have a signed contract from them saying so. If the car isn't delivered to you by such and such date, they should be prepared to defend their actions in court. Send it certified, return receipt requested. You COULD send a copy to the Mazda zone office, and I would.

Then, of course, if they continue to screw you, SUE the bastards. Or, lay down for them and write them a check.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 09:04 AM
    Yep, you will have to take them to court to force them to honor the contract.

But excon is correct, demand in writing your car or they will be held responsible.
    Also assuming this is a name brand dealership, get the name and address for their regional manager and contact them.
    After that see about going to the local TV and Radio services.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 9, 2008, 11:19 AM
    This also sounds like a bait and switch deal. Which may violate several laws. So first you need to make sure you have a contract for that car and then you tell them deliver the car or go to court. The mistake was theirs, not yours.
    ddollinger Posts: 145, Reputation: 12

Jun 10, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Before you all go about giving advice you may want to look at the address of the victim. Ontario, as in Canada. I have a sister who has lived in Canada for many years and although things may seem like they are the same as in the US you would be very surprised at how different things are. A lot of their laws are very different then ours.

Rosrin you should talk to a local office in your area and find out what recourse you have available to you concerning this and contract law as enforced in Canada unless of course one of your countrymen is kind of enough to provide you the answers you need on this forum.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2008, 03:15 PM
    Hello d:

Contract law is pretty much the same all over. Certainly, in countries where English common law is the basis, it IS the same.

Besides, we only suggested she get tough. Canadians aren't wimps.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contract Changes after Accepted and Signed Contract [ 12 Answers ]

We recently had an offer accepted on a house. Both parties signed the contract. Our lawyer signed off on the contract. Their lawyer put a contingency that they find suitable housing. This was not mentioned at the time they accepted the offer. Upon the sellers accepting our offer, we listed and...

I signed a contract for a small breed dog [ 30 Answers ]

OK I recently traded my rings for a dog ,he is havanese which he is so cute but any ways the woman made me sign a contract saying I would get him neutered ,but she lied to me about his age . She said he is 5 months old and he is really like 2 years old. Should I honor the contract?since she lied to...

Vehicle Loan Charged off, but NOT Repo'ed NEVER Signed Promissory [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, my situation is very loopy, so please pay careful attention. And no judgment please, just answers. Thank in advance. First I reside in Louisiana (our laws are usually different than most states). I purchased a brand new car in May of 2007. I did not use the dealer to finance, I used my...

Deposit on auto contract signed - but dealer can't locate car [ 5 Answers ]

I just signed an contract for a new 2007 tiburon, I got the GT v6 with the sun and sound package, and I am ONLY looking for black/black, I put a 1,200 deposit on the car.. it says its non refundable, if I cancel... but what I want to know is what if the dealer can't find the car. How long do I have...

View more questions Search