Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bella_girl79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 07:44 PM
    My AC unit is blowing warm air, how do I fix it?
    Is there a way to fix my AC Unit without calling a technician?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2008, 01:01 PM
    Not unless you have a whole toolchest full of great diagnostic tools you're kind of stuck calling the repairdude especially if it is a central a/c unit. It could be a relay switch stuck or a capacator, or low on freon. They are the ones who have the training and the tools - why would you think you could fix this with a screw driver and a hammer?
    velair Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2010, 07:48 PM
    It depends, there are many answer to your question but without tools, this is what you can do: check if you have a split system, a split system will consist in two units one outside called the condenser and the second one outside called the air handler. If you have a package unit its both the condenser and air handler together in one system usually outside next to the house or in the roof.
    If its blowing warm air it means that the air handler is working, so what you should do is go outside and check to make sure that the condenser is running if it is not that is your problem, if it is running put your hand over the condenser if you feel cold air blowing through then the compresor is not running, if it is low on gas the compresor which is inside the condenser will be frozen. In either @case most likely you will need a technician but if you are electrical incline e-mail me at >E-mail Removed<
    tyjon waller Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2012, 02:22 PM
    I put my air on 63 because its hot bt my room temperature says 80 degrees bt it blows a little cool air out
    tyjon waller Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2012, 02:24 PM
    [QUOTE=tyjon waller;3092265]I put my air on 63 because its hot bt my room temperature says 80 degrees bt it blows a little cool air out what should I do the manice fixd it the first time week lata it became the same as th first time being hot it's a little cool down stairs but still hot up stairs is really hot
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2012, 07:02 AM
    If you write me at [email protected] I will arrange to help you fix it if it's possible, or at least find out what the problem is right now. It could be a simple fix.
    daserty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2012, 05:53 PM
    My a c is blowing warm air it happened yesterday and I thought it may have froze over but when I went to turn it on this morning it blew cool for about 15 minutes then went back to warm if anyone can help I would appreciate very much
    mogabyses Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2012, 01:18 PM
    Hi I set my ac at 75 but it says is at 83 inside really hot is blowing air but is really hot we put freon last year but it never fix the problem another thing when is real hot I set it at 75 but inside says 83 but when the day cools down at night it goes to the temperature is set at 75 what could that be need help an thanks in advance
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2012, 05:56 PM
    The moron who put in the Freon last year was just covering up for the fact that your unit was very dirty. Clean the unit inside and out with alkali coil cleaner and it will fix the problem. You will have to slide out the inside fan blower, unplug the wires, and clean the blower wheel, then spray coil cleaner on underside of coils then wash out with water until clean. Clean the outside coils by pulling off top cover with fan and spraying coil cleaner on coils and washing out with water. When finished you may have to let out some Freon that the idiot put in.
    rashekh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2012, 05:22 PM
    I am having the same issue , the A/c unit outside is working but vent blowing hot air.
    I changed the filter and checked everything , looks OK.
    Installation company just give 1 yr installation warranty which is over last year
    Any Help for the troubleshooting
    Thanks
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2012, 08:27 PM
    Is the compressor running, or is it just the fan on outside unit? You can hear a difference when the compressor is running. If you don't know what it sounds like listen to one that is working and you will be able to tell. Since the democrats have passed the Freon restrictions of 1990 Freon 22 is harder to get and very expensive. To repair an AC now can be very expensive; it costs 17 times what it did in 1990 for Freon 22. Make sure to thank them this November! We need to repeal these EPA regulations based on the false premise of an ozone hole which is a natural occurrence for two weeks a year over Antarctica when the earth is straight up and down with relation to the sun and the earth's own ozone shields the "hole" from sunlight to produce ozone. It now costs more to drive your car and cool your house because new Freons costs 50% more electricity or horsepower to run.
    JustGuessing Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2012, 03:32 PM
    Could it be that it's too hot outside? Sometimes that may happen whereby the unit cannot efficiently balance out between the temperature it is set at and the temperature outside. So it may run a few degrees higher during the day and right back to the set temperature at night when the outside temperature goes down?? I'm not very sure but just throwing some ideas out. My best guess is to try and reduce the indoor heat by as much as possible. For example shutting the blinds, reduce the oven use, raise the thermostat temperature by a couple of degrees or so...

The same thing can happen when it’s too cold outside. The unit may run cool for a while or until about mid-day when the temperature warms up.
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2012, 10:12 PM
    If it's too hot outside you can fix that by putting a sprinkler next to the condensing unit so that the outside coils stay wet. This will cut the load quite a bit.
    bettyboop2you Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Jun 28, 2013, 12:29 AM
    First of all, it's a capacitor, not capacator. Second of all, there is no freon used in an a/c unit. Its called refridgerant. There's a difference. There are a few trouble shooting procedures you can do. You just need to go to a legit website that gives proper instructions from professionals.
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2013, 05:45 AM
    The first thing you need to do is to find the cause of your problem. Is the outside unit running? If not you need to find out why. About 80% of problems are due to dirty coils, 18% are electrical problems, and 2% are other causes like a refrigerant leak, stuck compressor, etc. You cannot guess at anything and you need a meter to find most problems. If it goes beyond a problem you can find with a meter then you need to call someone who is a pro.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air Handler Blowing Warm Air/Outside Unit Humming Only [ 7 Answers ]

We came home yesterday to a 90 degree house. It was 95 degrees here yesterday and my husband left the setting at 72 degrees all day. I'm not sure if this had anything to do with the problem, but we thought it may have frozen/overheated the Carrier system (approx. five years old) during the heat...

AC is running but blowing out warm air [ 8 Answers ]

My A/C is running outside but its blowing out warm air its not cooling. What is the problem

A/c blowing warm air, why [ 1 Answers ]

Five-year-old split system consisting of a gas furnace to provide heat in the winter and a condensing unit and "a" coil to provide cooling is blowing warm air. The thermostat is set in the coolng mode with the set-point below the room temperature, and the fan switch is set in the AUTO position. The...

A/C blowing warm air [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I live in a double wide mobile home I have central air that is only blowing cold air through one side of home the other side is blowing out air its just a warm please help single Mom of 3 can't afford repair man:(

Furnace blowing not warm air [ 3 Answers ]

We just moved into a single story Ranch house about a month ago and have noticed that the furnace runs for very long periods and furnace blowing only very cool air. Kind of like a spring day. We looked at the board and switched the fan from hi to low and the vents now blow out a little warmer...

View more questions Search