Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmt042702 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 06:32 PM
    Unions and complaints
    What kinds of occupational complaints do service workers have?
    STG Posts: 84, Reputation: 7

Jun 15, 2008, 07:54 PM
    It varies.

That's a very open-ended question. I've been on both sides of the union issue - having grown up in a solid union household and also being a manager in a union shop. The biggest frustration I had as a manager in a union shop was the irrelevant complaint/grievance.

-The Coke machine isn't filled enough

-Supervisor ___ picked up a piece of garbage and is stealing the janitor's work

But there were very valid union grievances/complaints, too.

- I should have been asked for OT - low hours, high seniority - but wasn't

- Contractor ___ isn't a union contractor and our contract requires that all contractors be union

All in all, about 50% of the grievances I heard were BS and 50% were valid. Just think of the things that you hear people gripe about... and you'll get an idea of the range involved in union employee complaints.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Occupational complaints [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I need help with paralegal class

Occupational complaints [ 1 Answers ]

What kinds of occupational complaints do service workers have? Would unionization may be able to help resolve some of those complaints? Is there any reason why a new collar workers would not want the same benefits and clout that blue workers were able to get by unionization? What might be some of...

Occupational complaints [ 3 Answers ]

What kind of occupational complaints do service workers have? Would unionization may be able to help resolve some of those complaints? Is there any reason why "new collar" worker would not want the same benefits and clout that "blue collar" workers were able to get by unionizing? What might be...

Occupational Complaints [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing some research on occupational complaints that service workers have and I am having trouble finding that out can someone give me some help?

View more questions Search