Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wassup Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 05:12 PM
    Liner badly coming away from coping
    I have an inground pool and I replaced the liner myself about 10 years ago. The liner is now badly pulling out of the coping. I have tried pulling it up and snapping it in and have done it in the past in small amounts. Am thinking I should drain some water and try again. They make a plastic material to be used as a wedge but I have so much of it to do I don't know what route to take. Any help out there. Was told also use hot water.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 09:00 AM
    You are lucky to get 10 years from a liner, say a prayer over it and let it g to the big pool in the sky. They shrink over time, you won't get it to stay in the coping anymore.

Jun 9, 2008, 02:25 PM
    Sounds to me you know what you're talking about but it's been in the 90's and my wife isn'
    T happy with your answer (ha-ha). I'll just keep probably unsuccessfully trying. Thanks

Jun 9, 2008, 05:45 PM
    Thanks for the compliment. My wife is not happy with some of my other answers. She like to say how come you can fix other peoples problems but you can't put the toilet seat down. Oh well. A new liner isn't too expensive and 6 friends and a 12 pack you'll have in place for about $200, not counting the 12 pack.

Jun 11, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    Thanks for the compliment. My wife is not happy with some of my other answers. She like to say how come you can fix other peoples problems but you can't put the toilet seat down. Oh well. A new liner isn't too expensive and 6 friends and a 12 pack you'll have in place for about $200, not counting the 12 pack.
    A little more expensive than $200. I think 8-10 yrs ago I paid about $1500 and at least 2 30 packs. I just had a brainstorm though. I'm thinking about draining the pool down about 2-3 feet and renting a wallpaper steamer, heating the liner and then try pulling it back in place. Whatcha think? Thanks again for your input.

Jun 12, 2008, 04:29 PM
    LOL sure try that but you better drink all the 30 pak yourself first. I am pretty sure heating brittle vinyl liner will not rejuvenate it but try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coping with bullies [ 5 Answers ]

At school some (well lots) people are mean to me. I have a few friends but a majority of people just tease me or talk behind my back. There is one girl, she joined school just this year, at first I thought she was nice, but then she had her little group of friends and a few peple who I considered...

In round pool liner beading and coping [ 1 Answers ]

I uncovered my in ground pool to find the liner beading has come away from the pool wall groove in several spots around the pool. Is there a way to repair this ? Thanks

Coping DVDs [ 3 Answers ]

I have a CD burner and a DVD burner I also have Nero, Burn4 Free and Any DVD, Clone 2 and WinMx I still am unable to burn a DVD. I can copy from one to another but I can not burn from DVDs downloaded from WinMx. Any DVD said I needed a patch but I am new to all of this and I need help:eek: Thanks...

Pool Liner Coming Off Coping In Small Area [ 1 Answers ]

I have an in ground (32X16 Rectangular) pool and noticed that there is an area about 6 to eight inches of the liner that detached from the coping in the shallow side. The pool is only five years old and I was wondering if I could fix it myself. The liner has a slot in it that slides over a rail in...

Inground pool liner and coping [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is JAMIE I live in LEWISTON MAINE and new to havivg a pool The coping is pulling away from the pool wall and in one place the coping has snaped the screwheads off that holds the coping to the poolcan anyone help me on this??

View more questions Search