Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pregunta Posts: 169, Reputation: 3

Jun 8, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Canīt Find My Printer Program
    I would like to run maintenance on my Canon i950 printer but it isnīt listed under: Start>All Programs. I tried looking at "Printers and Faxes" on the control panel but that didnīt get me in to the Canon program. Where else might I look? The program is certainly installed. I use the printer all the time.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 8, 2008, 02:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregunta
    Where else might I look? The program is certainly installed. I use the printer all the time.
    Go to start
    Go to configuration screen
    Go to printers / fax
    Click on printer software
    Click on help
    Click on problem solving
    Follow the instruction to do whatever you want to do

Jun 8, 2008, 05:16 PM
    Thanks Credendovidis however I didnīt get past the configuration screen. On that screen there was no apparent access to printers/fax. Iīm missing something.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 03:09 AM
    Utilities are usually in the driver on a dialog tab or as a discrete utility. Go to Printers and Faxes, right click the printer and choose properties, see if there is a tab for maintenance and check under any advanced buttons. Sometimes the maintenance is tab is visible during printing by checking properties or options.

Otherwise you can look in C:\Program Files for a folder with Canon software and see if any files ending in .exe might be the utility.

This Steves Digicams - Canon i950 Color Bubble Jet Photo Printer has some screenshots showing a maintenance tab.

Jun 9, 2008, 04:23 AM
    Scleros thank you. The instructions in your first paragraph got me to the maintenece tab.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot find HP LaserJet 1100 printer cable [ 12 Answers ]

I have an old 1100 model # C4224A and the printer cable is messed up. I've looked everywere online but nobody has this right end that connects into the printer. It is a D connector and has 36 male straight pins sticking out on the printer end of the cable.

Printer can't find ink [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Canon Pixma MP 500. I inserted a new magenta cartridge and when I try to print it says it does not recognize the cartridge. I thought that the cartridge was bad so I took it back and got another one. When I insert the cartridge it does not light up and I keep getting the message that it...

View more questions Search