Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gemma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2006, 05:32 AM
    I miss my ex
    :( helo! wel i was just wandering if i am ever going to get back with my ex boyfriend. i dumped him, over silly reasons, and he said he couldnt get back with me, and we finished for good. but i still so much in love with him. he has a new gf, but about 1 month ago, he said he still loved me. havent spoke since though. weve been split up for nearly a year but i would do anything to get him back. i was just wandering if im wasting my timje though? thanx xxx:(
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2006, 08:04 AM
    Hi, gamma,
    Welcome to this site, and thank you for posting a question here.
    I am not a psychic, don't pretend to be. But, I do have many, many years of experience in relationships. Been divorced once, then remarried now for 29 years!
    If it's been a year, then I think you have to try getting over him. The best way is to meet new boys. I seriously doubt if he really "loves" you; cause if he did, you would his girlfriend, not someone else. He must mean that he just "likes" you, and wants you as a friend.
    It's hard to get over someone, but you can do it. When you talk with new boys, listen to what they have to say. You can make more friends listening to them, rather than them listening to you.
    I do wish you the very best of luck, and please try moving on with your life. Don't be in any communication with your ex; it only will cause you more grief.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2006, 08:30 AM
    As Fredge said, you have to get over this guy. He is just playing games with you, because you finished with him and hurt his pride. If he wanted you then he would be with you.

It's hard and I have been there many times, but as you get older, you find things easier to accept.

You just have to accept that he is part of your past and move forward. Soon enough you will meet someone new that makes you feel like no other has ever done and ever could. I finally met the man of my dreams nearly 6 months ago and I truly love him. The feelings I have for him are true and more than I have ever felt in my life. I have cried tears of happiness on so many occasions and that's is a first for me.

Don't give up and concentrate on yourself.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2006, 09:50 AM
    Glad I could help you Gemma, and I am so pleased you have made sense of everything. Don't forget if you are ever feeling down or having an off day I am usually lingering around AMHD and I am always here to listen or to give advice.

Keep smiling ;)
    Hypatia Posts: 163, Reputation: 27

Mar 28, 2006, 11:45 PM
    Love is a fickle thing. You love today, you forget tomorrow. True love lasts and beats all odds. There is a difference to being in love and loving. Both parties must be in love for love to grow. If you want love, buy a dog or cat. If you want to be in love, find a friend first, then when you have your first kiss, you will know if it is to be. Just remember to love yourself and remember the pain. When true love comes you will want to know what it is like to hurt so you protect the new love with all of your heart.

Hypatia
    HelpingHand101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 12:12 PM
    I think it is best to move on. In the future, when the pain subsides, then you can consider being amicable with your ex. I don't believe that an exes can be friends, like hanging out with each other and such. However you two can still talk/chat once in a while to catch up. My ex and I broke up 7 months now, and we've done the game playing, we've kept in contact throughout our break up, mainly him striking up conversations with me. The longest I've gone without talking to hi m is 3 weeks. I don't even know if I'm completely over him, but the pain is definitely gone and now we are able to chat like normal, well at least on my part, I laugh a lot when we chat. I still miss him, but I've accept the fact that it's over and there's no chance of going back to where we started. Maybe in the future, we can see each other differently and if we are still attracted to each other then a new relationship can flourish but as of right now, it's over. I hope my experience could help you in this time.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2011, 05:02 AM

This thread is from2006!
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Mar 13, 2011, 12:44 AM

I missed my ex also.
    But I am a much better shot now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I miss her [ 3 Answers ]

My parents don't let me date but I have a girlfriend anywayz. We haven't even gone on a date yet cause I have no one 2 drive me 2 wherever I want to go.we live like 40 min away from each other. I do we go on dates

I really miss my ex [ 31 Answers ]

Ok, I was dating a guy for almost 2 years. He isn't my first love but my first proper relationship, physically and emotionally. For almost 2 years things were amazing, we had our fights, obviously, but I was always grateful of him, I could never believe my luck that I had him. However, we both did...

I miss them [ 2 Answers ]

I lost my grandchildren to a new family its so unfair that we can not have contact I understand they have a new life but what about us the grandparents does that sound selfish I miss them really bad:(

I Miss Him Already! [ 5 Answers ]

I've recently been dating this guy I've known for almost 6 years. We've always gotten along really well and used to date when I was a lot younger. We stopped talking for a couple of years while we were both with other people. We reunited about 6 months ago and hit it off even better than it was...

View more questions Search