Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dramarama10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 11:21 AM
    New people,new school,new possibilities.
    I'm 11 years old and scared about 6th grade... HELP!! :confused: :confused::eek: :eek: :eek:
    RedneckMama Posts: 103, Reputation: 17

Jun 8, 2008, 01:14 PM
    First thing you got to remember is this: RELAX...

Don't worry about it before you even get there and KNOW for sure whether it's going to be fun...

You said it yourself in the subject line: new people, new school, new possibilities...
    Try and enjoy the summer without worrying about the fall... You have the whole school year to worry about what it's like...

Good luck!
    MS1997 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 03:44 PM
    I'm turning 11 and going to sixth grade too.
    If your friends are going to the same MS (Middle School) as u Walk in Together and try try TRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! P.S. I'm Scared 2!
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

Jun 8, 2008, 03:47 PM
    I know its sounds scary (I'm thirteen) but it really isn't, and remember everyone ones feelong the same as you.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2008, 02:41 AM
    What is it that you find so scary about 6th grade, please? Thanks!
    tadita83 Posts: 130, Reputation: 16

Jun 20, 2008, 08:37 PM
    I think the best advice that has been given so far is to relax. At this time next year you'll be wondering why you were so worried. As a teacher, its amazing to see how all the students come in scared on the first day, but by the next week they've found their groove and they begin to enjoy it. So don't panic. Also I will give you my world famous middle school survival tips. (Ok, so they're not world famous, but I still think they're pretty good:))

Don't get caught up in the drama. Everybody's got "drama" in the middle school, but I garentee you that in 5 years, 2 years even, it won't matter. So its not worth losing sleep over

You will regret not doing your homework/school work later so do it when its assigned and save yourself some grief

Don't try to take shortcuts, because they have the word "cut" in them for a reason. That means you "cut" something out to get their faster. The thing you "cut" will be the thing you need later down the road.

Get involved. Find something that interests you and get involved. Whether that be a sport, a club, or just a group of people with the same interests. It's fun and meaningful to be a part of something bigger than just you

Give 100 percent. Put your full effort into everything you do. Not only will you get a good grade (if its an assignment), but you'll feel better about yourself and proud of the work you did.

Be nice!! Even the nicest people can turn into jerks during middle school because they think it makes them look "cool" and "mature," but it really just makes them look like jerks. People may laugh when their making fun of others, but you better believe those same people will never be friends with the one making the jokes because they fear what that person will say about them. Also, you can destroy someone's life with your mouth. The words you say may mean nothing to you, but to them it could be the difference between carrying on with life or ending it.

Have fun!! You need to be devoted to your studies, but you also need to have a little fun too. Each day is unique and special and it will never happen again. So make the most of each day as it comes.

VERY IMPORTANT:
    Be nice to your teachers:D We are people too. We don't like to be yelled at or argued with since we are the adults (even if sometimes we don't act like it:)) You don't have to like them, but you should respect them. You may have a teacher that seems to be the devil in disguise, but if you treat them with respect at the end of the day YOU will be the mature one that did the right thing even if your teacher didn't.
    Shelly404 Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Nov 19, 2010, 07:05 PM
    I was a newbie too! My first year of middle school! I want to start fresh but didn't work out I still got bullied. And I just exploded and started cussing at people and stuff like that. If I were you NEVER be friends with religious people. They will tell on you if you do something mean.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

4 digit possibilities [ 2 Answers ]

I need all the possible combinations for the number 6028 Thank you

People say that high school is the best time in your life pshhhh. [ 1 Answers ]

Right now, it has been the most stressful. Here is my schedule English 3 H Physics Anatomy AP French AP US Pre-Cal The thing is, is that only one of my teachers believes that we have lives outside of school, so on average I have about 3 hours of homework a night, with about 4 quizzes a...

Repair possibilities [ 1 Answers ]

I have had a Lawn Chief rider mower for a few years now. Loved the machine. For some strange reason, after I washed the mower 3 weeks ago and put it away, when I pulled it out to mow this last weekend, there was absolutely no power. I turned the key and NOTHING. I tried the headlight, NOTHING. I...

Pregnant possibilities. [ 2 Answers ]

I really need to know some answers to my question... I'm kind of nervous... I'll ask it again... Me and my boyfriend had sex a night I was fertile(it's was my 2nd day)... we used protection but the condom broke and he came inside me... what are the chances of me getting pregnant?

View more questions Search