Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikeg24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 04:39 AM
    Ice on compressor
    Why would there be ice on my compressor and air is not to cold ?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 8, 2008, 07:12 AM
    You have a system malfunction. Turn off unit but let the indoor fan run. This will take some time for all the components to defrost. Restart unit and check for proper performance. If Ices again call for professional on site service.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compressor [ 1 Answers ]

My question, could a power surge such as the electrical box connected to the outside ac being replaced and when the electricity is turned back on burn up the compressor? If so could there be documentation to support.

Cannot get Air-compressor or fan to come on [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble getting the air-conditioner to come on. I have a five wire system very old Williamson thermostat for a Williamson natural gas furnace with an out side air-conditioner unit. The coils are above the furnace connected to it in the basement. I have replaced the old thermostat...

Ac compressor [ 6 Answers ]

Fan on ac compressor will not stop running until turning off the braeker

A/C compressor [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I have a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 5.9l engine. I noticed today that there was something clicking on/off several times while the engine was running. I popped the hood and found it was the A/C compressor cycling on/off for some unknown reason. I had the defrost on and the temp. control on...

View more questions Search