Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patioguy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2008, 08:14 PM
    Will my po findout?
    I am on felony probation for theft.I have completed 26 months of a five year probation.My brother passed away, I drank and got a dui 45 days ago. My po does not know about the arrest because it was in a small county.Will she find out? Are first violations usually treated less harshly?
    shellyjo68 Posts: 100, Reputation: 11

Jun 7, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Yes she will find out.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2008, 02:29 AM
    Hello p:

If she's doing her job, she'll find out. Of course, lots of po's are pretty lazy...

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2008, 07:15 AM
    PO's regularly run a probationer's record for any new arrests. Yes, she will find out about the DUI. If you were convicted she can and will violate your probation. You will find out your fate at your VOP hearing. Not telling her of the police contact is also a violation so consider all of that when you decide to hide any police contact from a PO in the future.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 8, 2008, 08:44 AM
    It is standard procedure every 3 to 6 months, to run a criminal history on people on probation. So if they are doing their job, yes they will find out.
    Now yes often they go easier the first time, if you have done good, if you tell them, since remember not telling them is another violation, since you are suppose to report all arrests. If you wait for them to find out, most likely it will go less nicely
    johnnycupcakes Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 12:32 AM
    IF you PO is doing their job correctly and checking in on you, it will come up and they will find out. In most states the Police will see that you are on parole and will charge you with violation of it right there and then. More then likely the PO already knows and has not said anything/\
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jul 4, 2008, 11:42 PM
    I was a probation officer for 7 years. We had a computerized system that let us know when a probationer picked up a new charge. However, in my state (MD), only a new conviction violated probation, not a new charge. However, we also had a standard condition of probation that the probationer was required to notify the PO if they got a new charge, If they didn't, it was a separate violation of probation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search