Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2010, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by leilani1975 View Post
    Hey kitkat22, do yu know who its from? :-)
    I think Luther Van Dross did a version of it.

Now it's driving me crazy! If you find it please let me know. I hate to be stumped by something! I'll keep searching.
    leilani1975 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2010, 03:43 AM

Hello speedball1,what's the name of the song? Because ray charles has sang a lot of songs!!
    Thanks
    casper612 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 01:50 PM
    I'm also trying to find the name and artist of this song... please let me know if you have any luck thanks...
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 10, 2010, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kimneek View Post
    im kimneek, ive been looking for this song 4 ever if any one finds it hit me up on my space.....please
    Look non farther. Black and Blue was sung by Frankie Laine, Cheers, Tom
    kobenni Posts: 61, Reputation: 8

Jul 30, 2010, 05:53 AM

I've been looking for this song too. It's also played in the movie
    'The Perfect Mother' with Tyne Daly and Ione Skye. (wedding reception scene) I'm pretty sure it's a 70s song. I have spent countless hours going through all the songs and black artists of that decade, trouble is so many of them sound the same, Boz Scaggs was the closest voice match I could find, but definitely not him. All I can think of is that maybe Hallmark/lifetime own the copyright, which would make it near impossible to find this beautiful song. Pity! If it could be purchased they would rake in a fortune! LOL!

Aug 7, 2010, 09:54 PM
    :):)
    I've been looking for this song for over a year now.Grrr. As a point of interest, it also plays in the movie 'The Perfect Mother' starring Tyne Daly and Ione Skye.(during wedding reception scene) that's where I first heard it. After months of trying to figure out who the artist is, the closest voice match I could find was Boz Scaggs, but it's definitely not him. Trouble is... so many of these artists sound similar, and of course it may be that (Hallmark/Lifetime have the copyright for the song, so if it's unreleased we may never be able to find it. What a pity! If it is ever available for sale it would make a fortune for those 2 networks.Hope somebody will eventually track it down. 'Put me on the list of people to be notified' It's one of the most beautiful songs(my opinion) I've ever heard.
    keenen13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 07:36 PM
    OK evry one I just watch black and blue in skool and I le the song to so I looked it up ended up on her but I finish looking OK the song is by the o jays

Oct 8, 2010, 07:49 PM

'WOW!! I will look them up, if you are right then you have to be the smartest 'guy' on the internet, because 100s of people have been searching for this song for years! Wiil get back to you with info.

Oct 8, 2010, 09:16 PM

Re: O'Jays, I went to iTunes & CD Universe, but the song is not there, the group does have 2 songs, by the titles 'You're The One' & 'You & Me' but they are not the ones that play in the movies mentioned(I think you're right about the group though, definitely sounds like them. This particular song is probably copyright owned by Hallmark Lifetime so would not have been released. I was looking for a song used in another movie, my son played it to one of those lyric sites and it came up as 'No Match' so this one would probably do the same. Still... it was clever of you to come up with the group name, nobody else has ever mentioned them. Thanks for trying.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 9, 2010, 05:41 AM

I remember hearing the song "Black & Blue" a long time ago in the 40's but my research tells me it was sung by Van Helen in 1988. Regads, Tom

Oct 9, 2010, 05:52 AM

The song is not called 'Black And Blue' that's the name of the movie, the song plays in. as I said, I don't think anyone will be able to find it, the copyright is probably owned by Timelife & Hallmark.You can see 'heaps of people have been looking for it for years, It's a beautiful song, if you got to YouTube you can hear it played in the clip of 'Taking A Chance On Love' with Genie Francis. Maybe you can identify it??

May 22, 2011, 07:44 AM

Have an update Re: this song. I watched the movie on Youtube (would love to own it)but can't get it in Australia... anyway in the comments below clip 8/9, a poster (3 weeks ago) wrote that the song is called
    "You Are The One" she stated that it was sung by Eric Clapton, but the guy singing it in the movie was Matthew Perry Jones(I think she meant Perryman Jones, in any case, I googled all 3 names, scrolled through all their songs but that title didn't come up anywhere on any of the song lists. I wonder if anyone on this board can find out more from this info?
    shadow1929 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2011, 07:15 AM
    I tried using Shazam to identify this song and came up with nothing. Somebody must know who sang this song.
    dclary Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2011, 08:37 AM
    I have even checked with several DJ's and nobody can tell me anything :( I am still actively searching however and will post it if and when I find something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song with the lyrics "Only going to make you love me more"? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know the Artist and Title of this song? A guy sings it and it's up beat and some of the lyrics are "Your only gonna make me love you more"?

Who sings the song called "Home"? It is always on 5FM and East Coast Radio? [ 2 Answers ]

Who sings the song called "Home"? It is always on 5FM and East Coast Radio?

"well I heard your boyfriend that he has a girlfriend" popular song [ 2 Answers ]

I heard this song once recently on the radio and it was towards the end, so I didn't get a lot of the lyrics... but it went something lik this: "well I heard your boyfriend, that he has a girlfriend" I know its not much, but it was a guy singing, and the style was similar to Avril...

What christian male group sings the song " I Know" and what's the cd name. [ 1 Answers ]

What christian male group sings the song " I Know" and what's the cd name.

View more questions Search