Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clintolm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Grand theft auto maximum charge in state of GA
    My daughter 19yrs old took her friends keys while sleeping and on top of that totalled it.
    He is not pressing charges but can she still be charged with this offense since he filed a report?
    clintolm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2008, 05:23 PM
    My 19 yr old daughter and 3 other minors took keys from my apartment from her friend that stayed all night and had already been asleep. The car was wrecked and totalled by another boy in the vehicle. The owner of the car is not going to press charges on her but is she looking at any jail time?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 7, 2008, 05:39 PM
    If the owner of the car reported it stolen, she already "pressed" charges, since if the police find out who took it, the friend will either have to change her story to the police that it was not stolen

Also is she and the other people going to pay for the damages to the car? If not if the insurance is paying for the damages, the insurance can also sue her for damages.

But yes the police can arrest her if they discover she is the one who took the car.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grand Theft Auto [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Alona Kelly. I was wondering how much time should a grand theft auto suspect receive.

Grand theft auto [ 1 Answers ]

My friend was arrested for grand theft auto. After reading about the charges that he will be getting if he is proven guilty I still don't understand. :confused: I know he didn't steal the car but he might have broken into it. Would that help him out at all during his court hearing?

Does grand theft auto carry the same penalty as unauthorized use of an automobile

What are the games in order of series of being relased for ps2?

Grand Theft Auto [ 1 Answers ]

My son stole a vehicle in Kentucky and traveled to Georgia were he was arrested. He is beign charged by Georgia for transportation of stolen property and currently is held on a 7,500.00 bond in a county jail for that charge; and is also awaiting extradition to Kentucky to face charges for grand...

View more questions Search