Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dorlexit Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Jun 7, 2008, 05:07 PM
    The next president Obama
    Hey guys what do you think about Obama being the next president? Do you think he's the Anti Christ? The Bible does talk about Israel being wiped of the map! :eek:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 7, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Moved from Mental & Emotional Health to Current Events
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jun 7, 2008, 05:48 PM
    I understand that the books of the Christian Bible are interpreted, at least in modern times, by some to relate to an end time of destruction via an anti-Christ. I suppose that means to most Christians that an individual eventually is revealed as overtly anti-Jesus (or to their religion). I get all this from Christian's views that I've absorbed through the years. Sort of reminds me of a Mad Max movie exploiting a once overly populated planet desolated by nuclear fallout. I also know it's popular for TV Evangelists to play pin the devil's tail on every president as they've done the past thirty years. Perhaps it makes book sales soar and help soak the elderly of their retirement money. Most people are acutely aware of an increasing global view, because travel, communication, and technology in general, became [is] the new frontier. The world is becoming a bit more smaller by convenience and is accessible through computers. The economy is effected by the global market, internationally by trade, import and export, and to mention sharing of factories, car parts, etc... All eyes are generally on the larger nations and for the better part of a century that involves the US.

For Christians it appears the boom of technology is correlated to a change in time toward pending evil. I don't see the two having to be synonymous. I do, however accept that it is standard to live a life, according to my Faith (Judaism), that I should strive to make the world a better place and be a productive member by improving society. Every election it seems some Christian individuals, and some groups, vilify candidates (and the eventual president) as somehow interpreted or linked to being Satan in human form, or paving the way for an anti-Christ. I'm just hesitant to go get on board with these witch hunts. I do think at some point we, all people, all nations, since we are a global family, need to go through difficult times and grow through our downfalls as humankind. Along the way we had to overcome the Haman's, Hitler's, Mussolini's, Stalin's, and now the Bin Laden's, etc... challanges to the good of humantity. For those of us that seek justice, the adversity just makes us stronger.

Obama is supportive of the Israeli State remaining as is; right to existence. Obama understands the rights the Israeli government has to protect (defend) itself. Jews have always had a continuous presence in Israel, although the migration populace swelled significantly due to the holocaust and eventually brought about the current government. The Palestinian/Israeli conflict-relations issue has been subject of every U.S. presidency going back some fifty plus years. Carter is commonly understood to be the least outwardly supportive of Israel. Clinton (Bill), backed off his pro-Israel support after entering office causing concern among Jewish communities here in the States. Bush, like many politicians before him, has made a late cosmetic pilgrimage to Israel in hopes of striking up the peace band. Personally one of my favorite presidents that held strong support for Israel (and Jews in general) was LBJ, whom my grandmother knew as a collegian. As an American, my hope is that Obama (or any of the candidates) make good on their campaigned support of Israel. I say this not only in protection of Jews living in Israel, but knowing that the Israeli govt made accommodations for a very long time trying to integrate Palestinians to be productive in society. Of course that didn't work out so well when the PLO stirred the masses and called for the annihilation of Israel. But L-rd knows the Israeli govt tried. In conclusion, Obama knows that the State of Israel is an ally that bolsters our US presence in the Mid-East region.
    Dorlexit Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Jun 7, 2008, 06:54 PM
    That Sounds Convincing
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2008, 08:43 PM
    LOL... Johnny McBush is the anti-Christ. Didn't you get the memo?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2008, 04:05 AM
    Obambi is not the anti-christ .He is the reincarnation of Juan Peron. His attacks on US Business has become his standard stump speech . It could've been delivered in the past by Juan Peron or by Hugo Chavez today... They are less flaming versions of his own pastors diatribes ;but the content is the same. .
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jun 9, 2008, 05:25 AM
    Dubya, the minister of destruction and economic desolation, is almost done and the down trodden sheep of McCainites will resume worship at the Republican utopia convention, which realistically for common folk should be held at the unemployment office.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 9, 2008, 06:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Moved from Mental & Emotional Health to Current Events
    I don't know. From the craziness and off the wall nature of the question maybe it did belong where it was originally post :D
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2008, 06:22 AM
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why Didn't Obama Tell Us This Before? [ 11 Answers ]

Now, this news article IS truly revealing and speaks volumes about Obama! Obamaites, here, take a good look at your superhero and read all about it! Why hadn't Obama revealed this little gem of a conversation he had with Wright, umm? Why did Wright bring it out finally at this time? What do you...

So what has Obama done ? [ 49 Answers ]

A new bill that is co-sponsored by Barak Obama and Democrat Senators Maria Cantwell, Dianne Feinstein, Richard Lugar, Richard Durbin, Chuck Hagel and Robert Menendez will increase foreign aid by the United States to a level that the UN dictates . Sugar coating it with a name no one could object to...

President [ 10 Answers ]

Is it possible for Bill clinton to become president again?

View more questions Search