Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kbbutler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2008, 09:22 AM
    Remote Ceiling Fan- Lost REmote
    I have a remote ceiling fan - the remote is lost- it has no pull on and off - is there a backup way to turn this fan on and off?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jun 7, 2008, 11:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kbbutler
    ...is there a backup way to turn this fan on and off?
    Maybe, hard to say for sure without knowing fan model. It may even be possible to contact the unknown fan manufacturer for a replacement remote. So all in all, I'm going to say "probably".
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2008, 12:37 PM
    Easiest option is probably to purchase a Universal remote. Best option is to purchase the correct remote from the manufacturer, if they are still in business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change ceiling fan remote batteries on a hamilton bay remote control unit [ 3 Answers ]

Before I break the darn thing, can you tell me if the back panel comes off or if I have to unscrew the top and bottom screws?

Want to watch dvds Lost remote [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2005 Durabrand TV and recently lost the remote control. I need to press the tv/av button in order to watch dvds but I can't because the button is located on the remote control. Can someone tell me how to switch using the menu button? I have searched myself but haven't had any luck. I...

Lost Remote [ 3 Answers ]

Hi: Hi: My name is Rosie. I have a Sony Trinitron television with detachable speakers on both sides. We have lost the remote and it is locked on sleep mode. Are there any certain buttons I can push on the TV itself to take it to another mode. It also haas RGB and tv/video. Please could...

Lost remote [ 2 Answers ]

We have a sony trinitron with large detachable speakers on each side. We have lost the remote and are unable to get the TV off the sleep mode. Can anyone help me?

Lost remote need new one [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan - model number 52A4H4L - serial number 0036602. I have lost the remote. I tried buying one at Home Depot, but it is for ceiling fans that are not remote to convert to remote. How can I get a remote to replace the one I lost?

View more questions Search