Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mbell1960 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2008, 05:46 AM
    Can 1099 income be garnished?
    The court has garnished all the funds in my personal bank account, even the funds in my childrend's account with my name on the account.

My question, I receive all my income on a 1099 basis which is mostly paid to my corporation, can these funds be garnished also?

Can my corporation's bank account be garnished?

Thank you for your help.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2008, 06:29 AM
    Welcome to AMHD. The corporation is a separate, legal entity from you; that is probably why the company was established in the first place. You must follow your state's laws pertaining to the corporate entity, such as annual meetings, filing tax returns, keeping the business's business separate from your own. Corporate funds can only be garnished if the corporation is a defendant and a judgment was entered against it.
    Check this: Piercing The Corporate Veil

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099-MISC, income or not an income? [ 1 Answers ]

I worked for this community service and they gave me a grant to pay off my Sallie Mae Loan, this grant is only use to pay school loan, you can't do anything with it, so I used it to pay my loan. Now they send me a 1099-MISC form, in box 3, it show "Other income" and the amount that they gave me. Do...

Garnished income taxes [ 2 Answers ]

How do I know before I file if they are going to garnish my income tax refund due to past student loans?

Income on 1099 [ 2 Answers ]

The company that I worked for just decided to pay me under the 1099. I have typically been a full time employee but as I moved, I remained as a consultant. The company did not change my contract and they did not change my hourly rate. I was sent to India to train workers there and given an...

1099 MISC income [ 1 Answers ]

We have an employee who is exercise instructor who also did some painting in our facility for a flat fee. Is the painting income reportable on Form 1099 and if so which box?

Out of state 1099 income [ 2 Answers ]

If I receive 1099 income from a state other than my resident state, do I have to file a state tax return for that state in addition to my resident state tax return?

View more questions Search