Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jpushpak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2008, 04:56 AM
    How much sand in base of pool
    We are about to start installing a replacement liner for our pool. The previous installers put minimal sand and did nothing about removing rocks, debris, etc. My husband has already prepped the floor area - raking and removing debris and rocks. We are ready to purchase the sand and spread that. Our pool is 30' in diameter and 52" deep. How thick is the layer of sand supposed to be at the bottom of the pool? What type of sand - I read somewhere that masonry sand was supposed to be used. One last question - I've read that wall coves are an easy and better alternative to sand for the part between the pool walls and the floor. Has anyone used these? What would you recommend? Thank you!
    coltonjared Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

Jun 7, 2008, 10:19 PM
    I used the wall coves for my pool and it looks and doesn't damage the walls like sand will. I don't know how much sand you'll need because I didn't use sand except for the tracking around my pool instead I used one of those gorilla pads that goes on the sand but in my cause on the ground, hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sand left after my above ground pool was taken down [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone have any ideas on what do with the sand that is left in my yard after taking down the above ground pool last fall? Thanks!

Sand in pool [ 1 Answers ]

My above ground pool always seems to have a sandlike substance in the bottom of the pool. I am using a sand filter for my pool... and my chlorine and ph levels are all fine.I keeps cleaning up the bottom.. and the next day it's back again. What can I do to get rid of it?:confused:

Removal of Sand from old pool [ 1 Answers ]

I just removed my above ground pool and had a landscaper give me an estimate to fill the hole where pool was. He claims I do not have to remove the sand. Can someone tell Me if this is the right thing to do. Thanks, Janet

View more questions Search