Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2008, 04:09 AM
    Evita's "concession
    Words matter or just words ?

I think the key will be the words she uses in her concession speech. If she "Endorses" Obama then assume her campaign is over . If she says she "Supports" Obama then she is in truth keeping her campaign viable. Suspending a campaign is not dropping out. Ron Paul has proven that true. If she does endorse Obama then it is probable that the only quid pro quo is that he use his funds to pay off her campaign debt.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jun 7, 2008, 05:36 AM
    Tom-

I agree. I mentioned Hillary's campaigning debts recently in one of Sky's ineffective posts. We'll know today if Diane Feinstein's magical peace broker dust had any effect. Personally I don't want Hillary on the ticket, but it's mainly because the Clinton's have become so divisive. However I think she should be offered one of many other high important jobs in an Obama admin, rather than VP. And if Hillary has another campaign stunt for 2012 stirring in that head of hers, mark my words, it would end in failure. Will it be Hillary being Hillary today, or a new improved Hillary? I'm not holding my breath. I'm going to work. I'll catch the highlights on the news later. :)
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2008, 06:37 AM
    Offer ;probably a good olive branch. But I can't think of one reason why she would accept it. No one advances from a cabinet level to the Presidency. She would be better off keeping her automatic Senate seat and manipulate /advance into a position of leadership ;or bump the novice David Paterson in a NY Democrat primary for Governor of the State (God forgive me down for suggesting that nightmare) .
    I think her ideal scenario is the Obambi to go down in defeat in Nov. and sh ecan tour the country for the next 4 years saying "see I told you so..."
    That is why I think she will use the wording "I support Obama" rather than endorse him. I think she will give him minimal time and that will only be if he pays up her debts.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jun 7, 2008, 02:49 PM
    Bumping Paterson would be risky and cruel spirited. Even if Obama doesn't offer her a place on the ticket, or possibly appoint her to Supreme Court, or use her as Senior advisor, she has some damage due to the divisive image and Bill's meltdowns. I just got home from work and turned on the news. From the snippets of her speech that I've heard so far, she did the practical thing, and took the unifier route.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2008, 08:56 PM
    You *angry white guys* who like to spread lies... tsk tsk... SUSPENDING A CAMPAIGN is for tax purposes so a candidate can continue to raise money to pay off campaign debts. See: Mitt Romney suspending his campaign a few months ago.

Hillary gave a SPLENDID speech today. :)
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2008, 01:22 AM
    Of course suspending a campaign is technically for the ability to continue to riase funds. But don't be surprised if she calls for a roll-call vote on the convention floor... there are thousands of delegates ;including a whole bunch of uncommitted ones ,A lot of Obama melt-downs can happen between now and August. Just this week he quit his church and threw his next door neighbor under the bus. Please not that she did not release her committed delegates to vote for Obama

Me and angry white guy?? Naahhhh . I am like a munchkin today singing "ding dong the witch is dead... "

For posterity lets review some of the choice things Evita has said about the big O

“Now, like some of you may have been, I was taken aback by the demeaning remarks Senator Obama made about people in small town America. Senator Obama's remarks are elitist and they are out of touch. They are not reflective of the values and beliefs of Americans.”
    “In this election we need a nominee who can pass the commander-in-chief test. Someone ready on day 1 to defend our country and keep our families safe. We need a president who passes that test. The first and most solemn duty of the president of the United States is to protect and defend our nation. And when there is a crisis and when the phone rings whether it's 3:00 p.m. or 3:00 a.m. In the White House, there is no time for speeches and on the job training. Senator McCain will bring a life time of experience to the campaign. I will bring a lifetime of experience and Senator Obama will bring a speech he gave in 2002. I think that is a significant difference. I think since we now know Senator McCain will be the nominee for the party, national security will be front and center in this election. We all know that. I think it's imperative that each of us be able to demonstrate we can cross the commander in chief threshold. I believe that I have done that and certainly Senator McCain has done that. You will have to ask Senator Obama with respect to his candidacy.”
    "And I disagree with his continuing to say that he would meet with some of the worst dictators in the world without preconditions and without the real, you know, understanding of what we would get from it."
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2008, 06:21 AM
    As tom says: "Me and angry white guy ???????Naahhhh . I am like a munchkin today singing "ding dong the witch is dead... " June 7, 2008 was an historic day: the day the Clintons' suffered their political funeral; he can go back to whatever mischief interests him, and she goes back to her fiefdom in NY. As with most Democrat speeches, this one was loaded with bs; so much victimization that I was again nauseated. But the Hillary ascension is dead, and for the remainder of this political year, we will no longer be comparing shades of the same color, but different colors altogether. Funny thing is: convention wisdom is wrong insofar as it states that the two parties are controlled by their extreme wings; this is true for the Dems, only. So strike up the band: "Ding, dong, the witch is dead... "

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

"what's the big deal?" about using the words "pimped out" in reference to Chelsea? [ 11 Answers ]

Some people don’t seem to think it is a big deal. Clinton Calls Shuster Comment Part of 'Troubling Pattern' | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Is it legal for TX apts to charge late fee PLUS concession fee? [ 2 Answers ]

I have lived in my apt complex going on 5 years. Last month I was late paying my rent a couple of days because I was out of town on business. When I got back and called to get the total amount due, it was an outrageously high amount of money. When I asked him to break down the charges, he said...

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

View more questions Search