Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fred Fuel Guy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 02:53 PM
    My rights as a salaried employee
    I am a salaried employee. I work at least 40 hours per week and most weeks 50-55 hours per week. I work from 6 a.m.- 2:00 p.m. some Saturdays 7 a.m.- Noon, and some evenings delivering fuel. I was told I would get one week paid vacation after 0ne year of service and two weeks paid vacation after three years of service. So I put in my vacation request for this year since in July of 2008 I would be there three years. I have now been told that I can't get the two weeks until the lst of the year following my three years and because I was sick two days this year I only have three days of my one week paid vacation coming to me and they will prorate or not pay me for the rest of the time I requested off. Can they legally do that if I am a salaried employee fulfilling my 40 hours every week and more? Please advise.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 6, 2008, 03:35 PM
    Sounds like you are allowed so many days "off" not vacation. Since it sounds like they are including sick days, personal days and vacations all into one package.

Most people have so many personal, sick days, on top of vacation days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salaried employee [ 5 Answers ]

If I am a salaried employee how many hours can I be made to work during a 24 hour period, and how long of a lunch break am I entitled too?

No pay as a salaried employee [ 4 Answers ]

I am a salaried employee and am entitled to 2 weeks. Vacation and 5 personal/sick days. I am required to work overtime without pay. I recent just came off an illness in which I missed 12 of my 15 vac./personal days. I was told I could lose those days, or not take the pay. However, I will have...

Salaried Employee [ 2 Answers ]

Are salaried employees required to complete a timesheet

Salaried employee on call 7/365 [ 4 Answers ]

I work in Texas, am salaried, and am on call 7 nights a week without compensation. How legal is that?

Salaried employee [ 1 Answers ]

I accepted a salaried position with a six day work week. Although I am employed by the same owner as other managers, I am the only Manager working at a retail store. The other Managers work in the Corporate Office, unrelated to my position. All Managers are required to work 6 days but...

View more questions Search