Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmwbrad11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Physical abuse
    I got violent with my pregnant girlfriend,I'm so ashamed,I grabbed her by the throat,I've bin violent on 6 or 7 times over our 2 year relationship,never punches just grabs and pushs,odd kix,does this mean I have a problem and need help or is it just a case of 2 people that shudnt be 2getha but stik 2getha,and then suffer the conciequences,I ont no,am so sorry for the things I've dun,I'm so nice natured,wudnt hurt a fly.
    cant breathe Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Jun 6, 2008, 03:01 PM
    How can you say that you wouldn't hurt a fly? violence is violence and there is NO excuse for it and ONCE is MORE than enough never mind 6 or 7 times. That girl is carrying the most precious thing in the world... a child and how will that child feel towards you when it grows up and realises what you did to it's mother. You seriously need to get some help as you obviously for whatever reason have issues with anger. Please do not use problems in your relationship as an excuse for your behaviour, plenty of people go through tough timesin their relationships and NEVER resort to violence. You need to take time out and sort yourself out before you can even begin to think about carrying on the relationship with this girl or becoming a father.
    igman Posts: 69, Reputation: 7

Jun 6, 2008, 03:20 PM
    Brad, there is a bit of relief in hearing that you are remorseful AND want to do something about it. Recognize that you WOULD hurt a fly because you have already put your hand on the most precious creature ,second to a child... a pregnant woman. I am not saying you are a monster... I am saying that you could become one. Please seek professional help. There you might be able to figure out where this is coming from. Godd luck .
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 6, 2008, 03:58 PM
    You will get angry every year of your life. You will get IMMENSELY angry many times. You need to stop reationalizing now about what you're capable of doing while angry.

Look at your own list. Choking, kicking, pushing a PREGNANT FEMALE? This is you. You are capable of that. Don't make excuses, the flies may be safe from you but women are not.

While you are NOT angry, you need to be working on your mental picture of yourself and your role in life. One of the stereotypes you should be ascribing to is "protector of the family". Protector means you defend your wife and kids against all that would harm them, even your own family... and in your case, even YOU.

Plan NOW how you will protect your loved ones from assault. What are you willing to do? What things will you put in place now to help diffuse your pressure when it's boiling? What controls will you give your family to help you deal with it? Figure all of this out NOW before the next blowup. Do it while you're calm and rational.

This is part of you. You should be prepared to treat your violent tendencies like any other addiction, something you will fight off with all your strength forever.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2008, 04:58 PM
    In your rage you have hurt this lady, while she pregnant, what happens next time? You might actually hit or punch her or worst or when the child is born and you do it in front of the child. You won't hurt a fly, but you hurt at least the women in your life that pregnant. You lucky she did not call the cops because your be in jail instead of here and one thing jailbirds don't like is women beaters. Would you like it if someone hit your mother or sister? What would you do that guy?

You have anger problems and its dangerous because can snap in the moment. Seek help because women deserve respect and honor, something you lack. I don't know what type of relationship your have but physical abuse is not good and she should have left the 1st time this happen. This is very healthy and can have a bad ending.

Seek counseling and help quick and whateve happens support the child because he or she did not ask for this, I feel sorry for the unborn child.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 6, 2008, 07:30 PM
    Two words, Anger management, before you hurt a fly.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jun 6, 2008, 07:35 PM
    No man should ever lay a hand on a woman or a child in anger and visa versa. If this is the case, as it is in yours, seek professional help immediately. Because someone lets you do this to them does not make you a man... much less.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Physical science [ 1 Answers ]

A silver bar 0.125 meter long is subjected to a temperature change from 200 degress celsius, to 100 degress celsius. What will be the length of the bar after the temperature change? Thank you

Statute of Limitations for physical abuse [ 2 Answers ]

I need an exact answer on how long the statute of limitations is for the state California, Los Angeles County. What if both parties have abused each other? But what if they are in court for only one person at a time and there was never any reports made on the other at the time of abuse. Physical...

Statue of limitations regarding physical abuse [ 3 Answers ]

I was physically abused in 2003 , I agreed to pay my exhusband for fixing up the family home. He hit me and injured my hands I now want to deduct my surgeries from what I owe him,is that possible?

Information about other than physical abuse [ 5 Answers ]

I do not know if this is criminal law. I would like to know if there is any justice for a person who has been emotionally, mentally, and sexually abused. The only evidence I have at the moment is another person who can testify to the same abuse and maybe a relative of hers. Mental abuse and the...

Early 1st physical changes [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone :) besides yor breast being tendor what other abdominal signs in yor 1st term are there ? e.g.. Inflation, hardened areas, pains, etc. and its true a vertical line shade darker than yor skin colour will appear

View more questions Search