Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Jun 6, 2008, 02:29 PM
    Atheist theard: Jesus myth
    I thought it was really interesting all the different information that everyone had that disproved Jesus as a real person. I thought it would a good idea if we collect what we have so we can use it later if needed.
    Specifically I'm looking for more information about the tale of Horus and what information we have on who the men were that wrote the first gospels?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 6, 2008, 03:38 PM
    Why would they disprove something they don't believe in, scared to admit the truth most likely, the more they try, they can never prove He is not real, merely that they just don't believe.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2008, 03:40 PM
    No one can PROVE that Jesus wasn't real.

No one can PROVE that Jesus was real.

If you just want to stir the pot, how about a different subject?

Jun 6, 2008, 03:53 PM
    I don't see what the problem is I didn't post this under the Christianity thread, I posted this in the myths section. I didn't ask for Christian input why did you feel the need to come and insult me in the very first post? Are you that threated by what might be said here? That we might gather enough information that a reasonable person would look at it and say hmm Jesus probably was myth.

Your insult doesn't even make sense for most atheists. Most live their life better than most Christians according to the Christians own rules except for the accepting Jesus part. Why would it require bravery to go along with the majority. If your going to insult me in the future at least try to make more sense.
    Expert

Jun 6, 2008, 05:21 PM
    No, just thought you might like to know how it fees when you and others with no faith, post on subjects they don't believe in.
    And to be honest for the same reason you posted this, most likely to see what you could stir up.
    workerbee Posts: 104, Reputation: 7

Jun 7, 2008, 07:03 AM
    You have to watch it Michelb, This thread will be closed if you don't word it just right.
    There is info on what you want from the books of D.M Murdock , Robert price and a few others, Acharya S is the pen name for D M murdock and she authored the first part of the movie Zeitgeist, She wanted to make it clear that she has no connection with the preposterous Part II, or the boring (but probably true) Part III. ( her words) Her book might be the best to find a list of the Sun Gods and I think it is a good idea. You also might find that info on her website Truth Be Known Home I have not had time to look at it though

Is this the section where us atheists can hang out? There isn't an Atheist section

workerbee
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Jun 7, 2008, 07:19 AM
    I have no issue with the "purpose" of this thread. If you opened it to gather information about a subject in which your curious than that is your right. Good on you.

HOWEVER, the timing of it stinks of something, also posting it under folk and mythology is rude and can be taken as a pathetic slight.

The content and desire to learn is not what is wrong here, the intention seems shady at best.

Jun 7, 2008, 11:00 PM
    This seemed to be the most fitting category given the question. I did reopen the topic because I did want to see what other people had as far as information on this. However I did want to keep the arguments away which is why I titled it as such to get a view point from people who don't believe in Jesus, but apparently that doesn't work.

Workerbee,

Thanks for the link I hadn't seen that one before. I'll have to read more of it when I get more time.
    Cattie999 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by michealb
    I thought it was really interesting all the different information that everyone had that disproved Jesus as a real person. I thought it would a good idea if we collect what we have so we can use it later if needed.
    Specifically I'm looking for more information about the tale of Horus and what information we have on who the men were that wrote the first gospels?
    I know a few points that I have heard about how the existence of Jesus could be false.
    It was a while ago I read it, so my information is not detailed.
    Something about the existence of Jesus happening around the time when the Pisces moon cycle occurred. And each of the world messiahs came into existence around the time when the moon entered a new "age" if that's what you'd call it. It was like a... tradition
    That's why often people have a fish sign to represent jesus, it represents Pisces.
    Also, the story of the three wise men and other stories are about stars.
    Around the time that Jesus was said to come into existence a consolation of three stars called the wise men were "following" a comet that was said to be very bright.
    There was also a story about another man, who lived previous to jesus who is documented.
    His name was very similar to jesus and he is said to have done many things like Jesus himself e.g. feed thousands of two fish and some bread.
    I also know that the only philosopher in Jerusalem at the time wrote a diary of everything that was happening in the city and that in it there was no mention of Jesus.

If I remember where I saw this information I will come back with more information, it seemed well researched yet it could all just be biased.
    x

And yeah, I just read it was Zeitgeist where I got this from.
    Someone above already remembered.
    x

Jun 9, 2008, 02:52 PM
    Interesting so that's why all the religious people put the little fish thing on their car. I had know idea what they were suppose to mean.
    Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by michealb
    Interesting so thats why all the religious people put the little fish thing on their car. I had know idea what they were suppose to mean.
    And I always thought it just meant that they all liked fish on Friday.

But the issues is of course is things like workerbee attacking the board with their comments about it being closed because they don't approve of being moderated on threads, That post could have well be edited for that for example

And of course it is a obvous attempt to merely attack and make fun of chirstians with no real attempt at a real question, which was obvous from the start.

And sort of funny, they can't seem to say anything if they don't have a Christian to bash about their beliefs ( lack of posts with any substance)
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jun 9, 2008, 07:10 PM
    The 'fish' is also, for some, f/ Jesus being a 'fisher of men'. Those who are offended that queries re Jesus posted on myth board 'doth protest too much'. Defensiveness & insecurity go hand in hand... And some wonder why atheists feel discriminated against...

Jun 10, 2008, 07:29 AM
    Defensiveness and insecurity says you?

The purpose of this thread is to establish "evidence" towards convincing yourselves Jesus did not exist correct? No beleiver has an issue with such a topic. The issue arises when you do not research the topic and then post here with all confidence that you are disproving something.

First off the previous member got her/his information from the Zeigeist movie which was pretty much considered a joke once the inaccuracies were pointed out (quite quickly I may add). Workerbee also quoted the same movie.

Secondly, MichaelB immediately accepted the story of the Jesus fish as being truth as evidenced by his post above.

I liken this thread to a thread that could be easily be formed making statements about atheists that may not be quite accurate. For example, atheists are immoral persons and they lead a very depressing life. Lets start a thread gaining as much information possible to support our claim (true or not). IF a non-beleiver should try and give more information on the topic than we will know that they are only being defensive and insecure about their position. Pretty pointless thread no?

If you want to have a discussion than discuss it from the many views. Beleivers are just dispelling what has already been dispelled, we're not saying anything other than that. In truth, seems like having to get evidence from an already forgotten movie that did more harm to the argument against God's existence than it helped is rather insecure and could be considered reaching.

Just be accurate is all. I personally don't believe athiests are sad and immoral persons.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 10, 2008, 07:55 AM
    I thought the fish symbol came about because fish in Greek is , (Iota Chi Theta Upsilon Sigma, roughly pronunced as "ichthus") which are also the initial letters (in Greek) for the phrase "Jesus Christ Son of God, Savior." The theory about Jesus being born in the sign of Pisces doesn't agree with the fact that no one knows precisely when he was born.

Jun 11, 2008, 06:51 AM
    But BMI, the zeitgeist problems that led the producer to admit his mistakes were from the 911 part I don't believe the first part was ever in question

workerbee

Jun 11, 2008, 08:14 AM
    Lol... the first part was very much in question!! I have not actually seen the response to it but I am sure if you go to YouTube you will find it, start there.

It also must be noted that if the movie cannot even get 911 straight what faith do you put in it to dispel the existence of Jesus or divinity for that matter.

Jun 12, 2008, 07:39 AM
    Yeah, I read thismonths ago. From what I understand the three parts of the movie were done by different people not the same one. D. M Murdock from what I know is a diligent researcher. If you have seen the movie " The God that wasn't there" they discuss those things as well. Check itout if you have time. If all of that were true,and I have not had time to look into it too deeply, then I think it is damningevidence

workerbee

Jun 14, 2008, 07:04 AM
    Check this link out Michael, it might be what you were looking for
    astrotheology and the truth about the jesus christ as found in the new testament

workerbee

Jun 14, 2008, 10:42 AM
    I saw the "God that wasn't there." His research was interesting but it the rest of the movie was boring. I haven't watch zeitgeist yet I've barely had time to post on the board much less watch a two hour movie.

Jun 14, 2008, 01:02 PM
    The first part of that film is about 30 minutes, that is what you need to watch, the second part is about 911 and I might add was disproved by popluar mechanics, they sent people to test the theories made in the film. Just watch the first part. You should see the interviews that are included in the film God who wasn't there, as well

workerbee

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Atheist and the Bear [ 3 Answers ]

=: The Atheist and the Bear := An atheist was walking through the woods. "What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!" he said to himself. As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned and saw a 7-foot grizzly ...

Atheist Organizations [ 131 Answers ]

Hello: I'm an atheist. However, I've never found the need to bond with other atheists. Indeed, in my view, an organization for atheists is an anathema to atheism. In fact, I don't believe there IS an atheist organization. Simply put, they don't exist. Besides that, a very good reason of...

My best friend in the whole world is atheist. [ 29 Answers ]

Omg I'm in complete shock. Me and my best friend ever are brothers (might as well be). And I moved away and we both have had hard times since then. And we are depressed. I was just told by his girlfriend that he is aitheist. I don't know what do to really. I can't believe it. I mean we are...

Please explain this myth [ 17 Answers ]

I was recently told that you shouldn't feed a baby watermelon during his/hers second summer. I'm sure this is an old wives tale, but the person who told me couldn't remember why you shouldn't. Has anyone ever heard this, & do you know why you shouldn't? Also, I was just reading some postings, & I'm...

View more questions Search