Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    massimo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 11:35 AM
    Increase price letter
    How can I write an increase price letter to my costumers?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2008, 11:49 AM
    How about:

Dear Valued Customers,

Due to the rising cost of fuel, we must make adjustments to our pricing.

We appreciate your patronage, and regret these increases, however, as a business, we must make adjustments in our pricing to remain able to serve all of you, our most valuable asset, our customers.

Here are the new rates:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2008, 04:34 AM
    It would be helpful to know what kind of business this is concerning in order to give you the best answers here.

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 7, 2008, 04:41 AM
    And for many, often it is better not to make a big notice of it.
    Walmart or Sears or your local plumber does not send notices of higher prices, they merely have their new prices, doing a "MASS" mailing will only give all your customers the idea to start shopping for a new customer, while often merely receiving a new billing that includes an increase while does make some start shopping, it does not make as big of issue as a official letter does.

If you do use some price list, then merely sending a "updated" price list that is obvoiusly higher but not needing to say hey, here is higher prices.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2008, 05:23 AM
    You have made a good point concerning big conglomerates and goods provided, and, perhaps services provided that might be part of a local union for which the customer might not have much of a choice concerning the services that are provided, Fr_Chuck. But, concerning the small guy, such as me who does house painting and piano tuning and repair, among other things for a living, an increase in price can make a huge difference as far as the business is concerned.

I have gained customers because of the simple difference in price of five or ten dollars concerning the services provided. Haven't lost any yet. But, simple price increases and minor differences in comparative prices, can make huge differences in the amount of business that is gained concerning services that are provided. Concerning goods that are provided, that is a different matter.

As such, it would help to know what the business is concerning by massimo.
    ewright Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2011, 04:10 PM
    Comment on progunr's post
    Do you have another letter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Price increase letter to hair salon clients [ 13 Answers ]

I would like to write a letter re: price increase to our clents. Straightforward, no explanations why, polite. We are an upscale private salon & its been 2 years & we need to inform them in a nice way, but not to give reasons like increase in gas, electricity, rent, etc, Thanks.

Price Increase Business Letter [ 2 Answers ]

How do I inform customers the necessity of increasing prices for a swimming pool and spa service

Price increase Letter [ 1 Answers ]

How do you write a polite letter stating price increase of your products?

Price increase [ 2 Answers ]

Letter advising customers of a price increase

How do I write a letter to customers about a price increase? [ 9 Answers ]

I own a landscaping business and due to gas price increase and product price increases I have to change the price of regular lawn service price. Please help I don want to lose clients Respectfully legen

View more questions Search