Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dudleynme Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jun 6, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Potato Salad add ons.
    I have to take a potato salad to a gathering tomorrow. I won't have time make one from scratch so I will buy one at the deli. Does anyone have an idea of what I can add to a store bought potato salad to make it more interesting and delicious? Thank you, I appreciate any help I can get.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Jun 6, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Terrific concept and I do it all the time. There is even a package of stuff that you can buy that will jazz it up. This package is in the fresh vegetable section and includes: celery, green pepper and white onion. However, you can chop up the following on your own: red/purple onion, green/bell pepper, celery and egg. You may want to add a little more mustard and mayo so it's not too dry. Enjoy!
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Jun 6, 2008, 09:18 AM
    You can also add dill pickle or relish, red bell pepper, bacon. Get creative and again enjoy!
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2008, 09:19 AM
    I have a coworker who swears by diced apples in his potato salad... haven't tried it, but it would jazz it up!

Jun 7, 2008, 05:57 AM
    Thank you ladies, Those are very good ideas. I am headed to the store right now to get the potato salad. Thank you so much!
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2008, 05:59 AM
    If you get it from the deli ask for a sample... sometimes the potatoes can be a littlle undercooked.

Jun 8, 2008, 12:24 AM
    I made it with celery, green pepper, and vedalia onion then I added chopped apple too . I also added some dry mustard, and salt and a little french dressing -- not enough change the color. It turned out really good.
    sam8988378 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jun 9, 2008, 12:12 PM
    Recently I had a potato salad with halved/quartered black olives in it, and it was delicious! I love using olive oil, but am just getting used to olives as an ingredient, but this was fantastic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salad Ingrediants [ 2 Answers ]

There is a white meaty (think vegetable) ingrediant that you put in a tossed salad, and it actually taste sort of like meat but you find it in the vegetable area in the store. What is it called? :rolleyes:

Corn Salad [ 1 Answers ]

Any receipes for a corn salad. Had it and can't find it. I know it has corn, red and green peppers, etc and I think miracle whip and it was chilled. Don't know the measurement quantities

What goes good with tortellini salad? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I'm 17 and I am cooking dinner for my family tomorrow. I am mentioning my age because I want you to know that I do not have a clue on how to cook meat and stuff like that. I am making tortellini salad as a side dish because its my favorite :) The salad is chilled tortellini with italian...

Overnight Salad [ 5 Answers ]

Anyone got a receipt for overnight salad they wish to share. I love that stuff but have no idea how to make it. Thanks

Salad Fingers [ 3 Answers ]

YouTube - Salad Fingers - Episode One This is so gross, watch episode 2 as well, and any others if you think it won't give you nightmares Whoever made these cartoons belongs in an institution lol

View more questions Search