Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msmoose4j Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 06:56 AM
    Work-at-home opportunities
    I was laid off from my job (escrow manager for a title company) in February. I am having a difficult time finding clerical or admin assistant work in my local area. I am EXTREMELY interested in a work-at-home position. I see a lot of ads for at-home data entry. Since I love doing data entry, I would like to know how I can tell the scams from the legitimate ads. Please help. Thank you.
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Jun 6, 2008, 07:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by msmoose4j
    I was laid off from my job (escrow manager for a title company) in February. I am having a difficult time finding clerical or admin assistant work in my local area. I am EXTREMELY interested in a work-at-home position. I see a lot of ads for at-home data entry. Since I love doing data entry, I would like to know how I can tell the scams from the legitimate ads. Please help. Thank you.

Hi, I have read your post and I was actually a recruiter for a company called Spherion I see that your location is in Florida. It is an agency and however you don't pay them anything some work is temp to perm and even direct hire. If you are really seeking employment in that field go to their website.. Job Search | Career Information | Recruiting Service | Staffing Services | Spherion and check out the jobs in the area. As far as work at home companies I am not familiar with too many that are legit and there is not one that I can recommend. If you do find one make sure you do extensive research and check their credentials... Also, if they ask for money be leary. Let me know the outcome.

Evette C

Jun 7, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Thank you Evette. I am registered with Spherion; also with 7 other placement agencies. I have sent out 180 resumes in the past 4 months and have had 18 interviews. One employer sent me an e-mail saying he had over 80 responses in the 3 days he had the ad posted. That's why I'm thinking of a work-at-home situation. There are plenty of openings if I want to drive 50 miles one-way.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2008, 03:01 AM
    What are some of the skills that you currently have as well as the job experiences that you have already had, please? It would be helpful for us to help you the best, if you would let us know about those things.

Thanks!
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Jun 10, 2008, 07:40 AM
    MSN actually had an article based on real work at home jobs the article link is 4 real jobs you can do from home - MSN Money please read the link and you will find jobs that they listed along with ideas. I hope this help.

Jun 16, 2008, 08:43 AM
    Clough... I have 30 years in an office environment; A.S. Accounting, A.A. Business; Microsoft Office Suite, typing 55+ wpm, data entry 13000+ kph, office manager, full-charge bookkeeper.

Jun 16, 2008, 08:44 AM
    jolienoire... thank you for the article info. You have been very helpful.
    karenbankz1231 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 05:15 PM

The scams are websites with lots of color and they have words highligted
    Bgo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by msmoose4j View Post
    Clough...I have 30 years in an office environment; A.S. Accounting, A.A. Business; Microsoft Office Suite, typing 55+ wpm, data entry 13000+ kph, office manager, full-charge bookkeeper.
    Hi There,

I had applied for a company called West at home agents, it a company which you can work from home, but it takes time for them to call you and you can actually look up another place called arise. I heard about it through a friend of mine . Take care

Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piecework at home/ Packaging work at home or crafts work [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm looking for a part time job as due to my GCSE I will have 3 months off after them, and I have heard of piecework which I am interested in, however I don't know what to serach for who to contact can someone help me out please as I would appreciate it. Could you please list a few manufacturers...

Live in NH, work for MA company, if relocated to work from home, what about taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is the situation: I currently live in NH and work for a MA company. So far I have been filing as non-resident MA tax. I have a possibility to relocate to my home in NH instead of the office in MA. Here are my questions: 1. Will MA taxes still be deducted from my pay? 2. Should I...

Online Opportunities [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone have experience or know something about online work? For example you update websites for companies in other countries remotely? Or write, take photographs, videos, etc..

Legitimate Work From Home Opportunities [ 1 Answers ]

HI, I am new to the group and I was wondering if anyone knows of any legitimate work from home opportunities that don't require you to pay a fee, no previous experience necessary and pay a fair wage? I have searched and searched and all I can find are scams or they want money up front. I don't...

Home based typing opportunities [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if there is anyone that is aware of typing on-line opportunities - I've researched some of the ads that are out there but it becomes a virtual nightmare when you try to eliminate online scams. Anyone out there have good advice:

View more questions Search