Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kazisr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 02:03 AM
    German ancestors
    I am an Australian citizen, my grandparents and mother were born in Germany. They migrated to Australia when my mother was 8, does this make me eligible for a German passport or any other entitlements?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jun 6, 2008, 11:26 AM
    There are many facts that you leave out here such as citizenship of family members when they migrated. What nationality is your mother now? Etc.

German citizens can maintain dual citizenship only in case they were born overseas or one of the parents are foreigner. Besides, you have to live in Germany for a period. For further info, contact the nearest consulate.
    kazisr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2008, 01:55 AM
    My mother is an Australian citizen now as well as my grandparents. When they migrated they we all German Citizens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

German Passport if Married to German [ 2 Answers ]

I am married to a German. I am holder of a Lebanese Passport. My Wife and I live outside Germany. Can I get the German Passport?

Grandparents were German Jews - Can I get a German Passport? [ 2 Answers ]

I know a few years ago there was a program that allowed children and grandchildren of Holocaust-era German Jews to apply and receive German passports. I cannot find any information about this on the internet, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My father's parents both...

My father is German, Can I get a German Passport and how? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I want to get a German Passport. My father is German , living in Australia. What do I need to gain a German Passport. >Moved from Forum Help<

German J-1 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, as someone has already pointed out, a J-1 scholar from Germany can't stay more than two years without losing the tax treaty benefits retroactively. As such, I did not take the benefits as I knew I'd be here more than 2 years. I have been here before on a J-1 student visa, went back for 3...

Ancestors.. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi!. I have a question about Ancestry if anyone knows... Anyway I've done a whole bunch of searches on it & every site I get to eventually leads to Ancestry.com. I've tried Ancestry.com before, & tried their free 14 day trail & it never worked. It kept asking for a billing address & I don't want...

View more questions Search