Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joey G Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 09:24 PM
    Pressure relief valve leak
    Have a gas water heater for 8 yrs and trouble free. There is some water leak through the pipe connected to the pressure relief valve, which I never observed before. How would I know if I need to replace the valve. I have read some responses (not to my questions) from other members indicating the need to have an expansion tank, etc. But why would I need that now, since there was no need for it in the past 8 years. Would you recommend just changing the valve to see if that would take care of the problem? Thank you for any help or advice. Joey G
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 09:56 PM
    Change the valve if the problem persists add the tank setup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water Heater Pressure Relief Valve [ 1 Answers ]

Private Message: Water heater pressure relief valve Today, 06:15 PM Kenvirani New Member Join Date: May 2008 Posts: 0 Water heater pressure relief valve --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extending pressure relief valve [ 2 Answers ]

We are selling our house and the buyers did the home inspection. We have been told that the extending pressure relief valve to exterior of garage has a slight leak from pressure relief valve. What is that and how much might that run me in Columbia S.C. to fix? jamieo29

Lwater heater pressure relief valve [ 2 Answers ]

Relief valve leaks sometimes causing small flood, unit is rheem 50 gal gas fired unit. Thermostat is set at the mid setting, water tempurature is not exessive. Should I change the relief valve

Pressure relief valve / water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I have a leaking valve on my waterheater , do I need to replace pressure valve , if so what is correct way of doing so ?

Pressure relief valve [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I have a State Select brand water heater (40 gallon) which is about 4-5 years old. It recently has begun to leak from the pressure relief valve, and is leaking a lot:( , especially after taking a shower... Is this a simple fix of replacing the valve or something more serious? Any and all...

View more questions Search