Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    monica84 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 02:53 PM
    H4 to F1 transfer
    Hi,

I have applied for H1 but am not aware of the status yet hence decided to apply for F1. I am currently on H4 and want to transfer to F1. I did contact the local community college regarding this and got the directions to apply for F1, but the college does not offer any program higher to associate program which is lower to the bachelors degree. If I get the F1 status from them will it be possible for me to apply for H1 in 2009. Please do reply for this.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 03:51 PM
    If you already have a bachelor degree, community college is not the right choice... you'd better enroll in grad school.
    monica84 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee
    If you already have a bachelor degree, community college is not the right choice... you'd better enroll in grad school.

I would like to enroll only for the F1 status but not to study. So wanted to know if I can transfer from F1 to H1
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 06:47 PM
    Why do you want to transfer to F-1 if you are not going to study... both F-1 and H-4 are not allowed to work.
    If your employer is willing to sponsor visa for you, this can be arranged either you are H-4 or F-1. It does not make any difference.
    keyur11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 01:42 AM
    U will give me answer... why usa?.

A visa ofiicer asking students.. if u know about this answer u will reply me...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Another H1B transfer while one transfer is pending [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I had a H1B visa from company A . Recently, I joined company B and my H1B visa transfer is still in process. I do have the receipt for that. . My question is. I got an offer from company C. Can my VISA be transferred to company C... I have I-797 and 3 months old pay stub from company...

Transfer OE to my Mac [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I purchased a Mac and want to transfer my address book to the mac. How do I do this?

H1 to L1 transfer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am travelling to US on H1B which is valid till 2008.I would required to be there in US for long term (six to one year or more). Does my current employer would apply for a transfer for my H1B to L1 or how it'll be or can I stay on my H1B. Please clarify.

View more questions Search