Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjb4060 Posts: 87, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 02:14 PM
    Did any other mothers experience this?
    I have been 3cm dilated for over a week now and I have been having really bad regular contractions. But last night they seemed to have calmed down and my back isn't in enormous pain anymore... everybody keeps telling me it's the "calm before the storm". :rolleyes: the baby has been very relazed and not giving me as much trouble as usual, which is odd, and I have been extremely emotional!! I hope this is it but I was just curious if any other mothers experienced this before they had their babies!:D
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2008, 03:23 PM
    Well, I was overdue with my first child by almost two weeks and had to have labor reduced.

Second child I had false labor and had subtractions the whole day before going to the hospital, I took a bathe to help me with the pain it help. By the time I got to hospital I was fully dilated and went right into delivery, is this your first child?

Jun 5, 2008, 03:37 PM
    This is my 2nd, but I was induced w/my 1st
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 03:40 PM
    I had contractions for a day before they stopped for about 16 hours, it was very quiet, but I wanted to cry all day for no reason at all. I went into labor that night and had horrible back labor, but only 2 hours of it, and pushed twice and she was out.

Jun 5, 2008, 04:00 PM
    That's exactly how I feel!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2008, 07:19 PM
    Hope it gets going soon for you!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 7, 2008, 03:59 PM
    Please remind me how far along you are.

Jun 7, 2008, 04:19 PM
    37 weeks and 3 days now
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 7, 2008, 04:24 PM
    Wow, it's really close to call. You are officially term. 37 weeks by most doctors is considered term. However, since your last baby was induced, it may take a little while to go into labor by yourself, using your own hormones.

Is it hot where you live right now? Is there a possibility that you are dehydrated?
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Jun 8, 2008, 09:08 PM
    At 36 weeks I was 3cm 60% effaced and the baby was at +2 station (needs to be at +4 for deliveryand according to the machines I was having frequent contractions that I was not feeling, and I stayed that way for two more weeks until I was induced. Who knows... Start walking
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 8, 2008, 09:55 PM
    We did the car rides on bumpy roads thing :)

I have to admit, though, that all that made me do was have to pee a lot (more than usual, even for a pregnant woman!).
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2008, 07:37 PM
    Its very understandable to be so emotional especially at the end, when you are so ready to be done,and things just don't seem to be cooperating and getting started. And its very frustrating when your first labor you weren't able to go into labor on your (such as your situation with being induced) so you don't know what to expect on how labor should feel and be progressing in labor that started naturally. I had that same situation with my boys.my first one I was induced and it was very drawn out. With my second son I was having regular contractions for the week before labor began, but they weren't evenly spaced and lasting enough to be true labor. (I even went to the hospital the day before I went into the hospital because they were evenly spaced at 5 minutes and lasting 30 sec. each. I thought for sure I must be in labor, but they monitored me for half and hour and sent me home saying it wasn't true labor, just my body gearing up) So its really frustrating I understand. Just keep your eyes open for the other POSSIBLE signs of impending labor(bloody show, etc), make sure you are drinking plenty of water and keep that watch handy. One you are in true labor, most likely you will definitely know it. By the time I finally decided I was in enough pain to be in labor, my contractions were one on top of the other and I was nearly 5 centimeters. Good luck and please let us know the good news when you finally bring your angel into the world!

Jun 10, 2008, 08:41 AM
    I will let everyone know, its so good to hear other experiences... well tomorrow I will be 38 weeks and I am getting frustrated. Its sooo hot where I live and I am so swollen all over. As far as I know I am still 3cm, but I have a doctors appt tomorrow. I haven't had barely any contractions, but I did lose my mucous plug about 2 weeks ago. I hate the waiting game... this baby just seems so stubborn :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mothers' Day [ 5 Answers ]

I've shopped for Mothers' Day and I also want to cook for her something special. I know my mum loves steak, however I am not that good at making the steak soft, what are your tips? Thanks in advance. :)

Mothers day ? [ 2 Answers ]

I didn't know what to put this under sorry. Anyway I want to make a video for my mom for mothers day. I want to sing on the video but what song could I possible sing? My mum doesn't listen to music much, I don't know what to sing please help?

Mothers day? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All, Mothers Day is Sunday and I would like to call and wish my ex's mother a happy mother"s day because, we were very close. My question is should I call and extend to her a happy mother's day or not?

Marrying a gril whose mothers surname is same as my mothers [ 4 Answers ]

I am jain, I love one girl from our caste ,her mothers family surname and my mothers family surname is same? Now I was was not knowng her until I met her , she is not related to me , yet everyone is sayng it will be like brother sister marriage! Also people talk about genetic problems due to...

Mothers day! [ 3 Answers ]

Happy Mothers day to those that celebrate it today and all those expecting mothers! :)

View more questions Search