Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garciadj17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 12:18 PM
    Can I get a co signer for an apartment?
    My husband doesn't have good credit, and I have no credit at all. We want to get an apartment but it will be better if we can get a co signer for us, so we can have our own place to live. Do you think it will be better for the co signer sign for us?
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Jun 5, 2008, 12:25 PM
    No credit isn't bad credit, and apartments care more about your job than credit. I don't even know if you can have someone co-sign a lease. A co-signer is more for buying a house or car with bad credit or no credit. Have you looked into getting an apartment? Go somewhere and see what they want from you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 5, 2008, 12:37 PM
    Its unusual, but a landlord may accept a gurantor for a lease. Usually this is with young people moving into their first apt.

Are you being refused for apts now?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 01:40 PM
    Yes have you tried to apply for an apartment yet? And another problem is that of the co-signer if you don't pay, they will end up having to pay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Me and co-signer [ 6 Answers ]

I have a question. I recently got an auto-loan with my friend co-signed for me, since my credit wasn't good enough to get a regular loan. Supposedly, I was in the prime and my friend is co-signer... which I don't really understand what they meant by me being prime... Anyway, I have no...

CO-signer on husbands car [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are getting a divorce! And I am currently the co-signer on his truck. He wants to trade in his old truck for a new one. I don't want to transfer my co-sign to the new truck. He wants a copy of my drivers licenses. He says its to drop my name off the old loan. Does he need my...

Co Signer of Car Loan Gone Bad [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so I co-signed for my ex boyfriend over 5 years ago. When we broke up only 3 months after I co signed we agreed to take our cars into our own name. I did this and waited about 6 months before contacting him to see if he was going to take care of this matter. He never did take care of the...

Getting out of being a co-signer [ 6 Answers ]

My wife has co-signed for a friend of 15+ years and just had a falling out. What can WE do to get my wife off the rental agreement. Oh, BTW, her friend would not have been able to get this apartment had it not been for my wife co-signing for her. Please help.

Fire Damage to Apartment - Landlord using to upgrade apartment [ 8 Answers ]

Earlier this year my apartment was minimally damaged by a fire. The exact cause of the fire is unknown, however it is believed that my cat knocked something onto the stove which then turned on and burned the basket. Fire damage to the apartment was restricted to the kitchen stove area. Smoke...

View more questions Search