Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dixie482003 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 12:03 PM
    Mother cat still nursing
    My Kittens are four weeks old, and the mother is still nursing them.. I have put food out for them, however, the mother quickly eats it... If I keep putting food out, she keeps eating it all... Is it to early to wean them?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2008, 12:14 PM
    I hope you are feeding her kitten chow... she needs the extra nutrients. In my opinion 4 weeks is a bit young esp if mamma is willing to nurse them. I would leave them alone for a while. My opinion is that mama knows when her babies need to be weaned. But if after awhile you want to introduce them to food. Moisten some and get it runny and rub it on their lips, you may want to do this while she is out of the room.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nursing care plan with priority nursing dx [ 1 Answers ]

I need a priority nursing diagnosis from the nanda list for this patient. Patient c 92 yr old fell medical dx of C4 fracture and patient has a possible broken arm that patient can not move. Weight 75lbs.has neck immobilizer on, foley cat in, IV in with ns @ 75 cc/hr. on bed rest total care patient....

Clavamox dosage for nursing mother w/smelly stool [ 3 Answers ]

I have a box of liquid clavamox and a houseful of cats with coccidia. Any advice on dosage? What about the 3 week old kittens, and the nursing mom who looks like she may drop dead from her extreme diahareah

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

Adult children want mother out of nursing home. [ 4 Answers ]

Mother& stepfather have been married for 24 years. He is very controlling; 3 adult children have striven to maintain amicable relationship to please mom. She developed dementia 2 years ago;immediately he sought legal counsel to get power of attorney (forgot that they gave each other that power in...

Mother cat shaking while nursing newborn kittens [ 1 Answers ]

Our cat just gave birth to 2 kittens last night and is shaking while nursing them. She seems fine otherwise and is eating and drinking. Anyone know if this is normal behavior?

View more questions Search