Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prekme052607 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 11:56 AM
    SSD benefits and Mortgage loan
    My husband is now on SSD and I work as a secretary. When my husband purchased this home he was more than able to make the payments. However, this is no longer the case. With his SSD and my income now, we simply cannot afford this home. It has been with real estate for 6 months--just selling to get out from underneath. The home and loan is entirely in his name, we just married a year ago.
    My Questions:
    1. Can the lender garnish his SSD?
    2. Since I am NOT on the deed or loan, can the garnish my wages?

Thank you for your time and consideration,
    KME
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2008, 01:30 PM
    1. No. 2. No.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Student Loan garnishment of Social security Benefits [ 3 Answers ]

Previously the first $750 of monthly Social Security retirement benefits was exempt from levy by the I.R.S. A recent law has overturned that and your Social Security benefits can be garnished for 15% of the amount, regardless of the amount you receive. Does the $750 exemption still apply to...

Mortgage loan [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to cosign with ny wife on a mortgage loan. I'm currently in chapter 13 for about 2 years. Chapter 13 ends within a year 3/2008. Is there a mortgage loan that we can apply for where they just use my income is use not credit along with my wife income and credit ?

Home loan tax benefits in US when buying property in India [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am working in US for last few months. I want to buy an apartment in my home country India. Can someone please share knowledge on how much tax benefits can I avail in US if I take home loan from an Indian bank for an apartment in India ? Thanks.

Income Tax benefits on Pre-EMI of Housing Loan [ 0 Answers ]

I am planning to purchase a Flat at Kolkata & approached LIC Housing Finance for loan. They agreed to provide the required amount. Now, as usually, builder asked payment in various stages. My query is, can I get Income Tax Benefits on these Pre-EMI benefits before taking possession of the flat or I...

Benefits with a mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

Im splitting from my partner, we have a jont mortgage which I don't financially contribute to, as I have a 15 month old child, I want to move out. Can I get housing benefitand child benefit whilst my name is stillon the mortgage?

View more questions Search