Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starlite1 Posts: 753, Reputation: 58

Jun 6, 2008, 11:03 AM
    I have to work on myself esteem, my jealousy, my neediness - for me and for my relationship, so I can be a better partner. I have to work on trust... and he needs to work on his own things too.

Granted, I should not have broken up with him, I did it because of fear that he would leave again (read my initial post). But, I need to work on my own issues.
    cfloveu Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starlite1
    I have to work on my self esteem, my jealousy, my neediness - for me and for my relationship, so I can be a better partner. I have to work on trust....and he needs to work on his own things too.

Granted, I should not have broken up with him, I did it because of fear that he would leave again (read my initial post). But, I need to work on my own issues.
    And how ll he know all that?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2008, 11:29 AM
    I have to work on my self esteem, my jealousy, my neediness - for me and for my relationship, so I can be a better partner. I have to work on trust....and he needs to work on his own things too.

That' good that you realize what you need to work on because anyone have their own issues. I seek help by using self help books and saw a very good therepist and she helped me a lot. Everyone has their own faults and it good when that indivual realize theirs.

Jun 6, 2008, 12:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cfloveu
    And how ll he know all that?
    That's the hard part... I want to contact him so badly, but I am hoping that he contacts me first.. (I know it is a cat and mouse game). Or.. I may just reach out to him, once I am in a better place within myself, and talk to him...

Jun 6, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28
    That' good that you realize what you need to work on because anyone have their own issues. I seek help by using self help books and saw a very good therepist and she helped me alot. Everyone has their own faults and it good when that indivual realize theirs.
    Thank you Liz. It honestly took my breaking up to realize this, that I have some changing to do, and because I really love this man, and myself. For the first time in my life, I love myself, or getting there...

I also owe my realizations and working on myself to all of you. You are all so great.. Never once did any of you judge me or berate me in anyway at all. You all have given me hope, strength, and friendship... I appreciate you all more than you can imagine!

Thank you!:)
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Starlite,
    I too think this site is great and maybe when you have time you can read my question when I first joined. I saw a therepist secretly because no one was supportive.

Jun 6, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Hi Liz,

Of course I will. You weren't getting support here, or from the outside?

Jun 6, 2008, 12:33 PM
    Hi Liz,

Of course I will. You weren't getting support here, or from the outside?
    I don't understand why people have physical relations before they could get married? Is love all but SEX?

Jun 6, 2008, 12:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cfloveu
    I dont understand why people have physical relations before they could get married? Is love all but SEX?
    Of course not. And having sex before marriage is a personal preference. Not everyone has sex before marriage. If they do, they do.

Jun 6, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28
    Starlite,
    I too think this site is great and maybe when you have time you can read my question when I first joined. I saw a therepist secretly because no one was supportive.
    Hi Liz,

I read your post. I would have been very upset too, if my boyfriend was calling a chat line. How are you doing?
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2008, 01:46 PM
    You skipped class to talk to a woman online?

You flew to Bangkok based on an online conversation?

You slept on the road outside the college waiting for her?

It may be time to consider professional help in your healing.

Learning how to deal with people and the realities of the world or you could end up in an even worse place. You sound like you may be idealizing love and relationships by staying home and planning your life about a likely fantasy.

You are not alone... This is not unusual. Especcially in the internet age. But you need to sort out how to deal with real women in the real world. It can be scary, but do it one day at a time.

If this is a real post, get help fast my man. So, this will not happen again.
    Witchywoman1212 Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BMI
    Can't say that I have friend.

Ummm, perhaps you should consider what drove you to such lenghts for a girl you never met? The phrase jumping in too soon is an understatement here. Try not to confuse love and wow somebody likes me.

Oh and next time think it ALL the way through before you travel the ends of the earth looking for little miss right.....whom......you've....never......seen.

Sorry,it must suck.

Umm BMI, hello... remember me,sound familiar ay?
    Where have you been,mr. deserter,lol.
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2008, 07:28 PM
    Ok, Ok. I cannot be mr. popular just because it sounds right.

So. hear me out.

(hmm, Thanks for the disagree, though I am puzzled by it since you even added "you're right" to your comment :-)

Anyway, often a non-politically correct and sober perspective on a topic is what I feel I owe a person - popular or not. Call it the tough love approach on matters like this.

Cfloveu, I know you are hurting, but I really think you need to talk this out with a pro.
    I think this has eclipsed the reaches of online discussion. The point here is that falling in love is not always an excuse in life. John Hinckley fell in love with Jodie Foster and he is in jail now... No, you are not a danger, but I think some practical thinking will help you in the future. We must love with our hearts and minds and then make sure it is a reality.

This was not a reality. A woman who one does not know in the far east, is by all measures a suspect venture. I would be curious to know who his last relationship was and how it ended... I think you can build on these things, but make sure you look out for yourself my man... love with the right person is a powerful thing - and in time I hope it happens for you.

Jun 9, 2008, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123
    Ok, Ok. I cannot be mr. popular just because it sounds right.

So. hear me out.

(hmm, Thanks for the disagree, though I am puzzled by it since you even added "you're right" to your comment :-)

Anyway, often a non-politically correct and sober perspective on a topic is what i feel i owe a person - popular or not. Call it the tough love approach on matters like this.

Cfloveu, i know you are hurting, but i really think you need to talk this out with a pro.
    I think this has eclipsed the reaches of online discussion. The point here is that falling in love is not always an excuse in life. John Hinckley fell in love with Jodie Foster and he is in jail now...No, you are not a danger, but I think some practical thinking will help you in the future. We must love with our hearts and minds and then make sure it is a reality.

this was not a reality. a woman who one does not know in the far east, is by all measures a suspect venture. i would be curious to know who his last relationship was and how it ended.....i think you can build on these things, but make sure you look out for yourself my man....love with the right person is a powerful thing - and in time i hope it happens for you.
    Ash, you can never define who is that RIGHT PERSON. If anyone knew then that person wouldn have had a breakup.
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2008, 10:15 AM
    My question to you is how are you defining "right?"

How well did you "know" this girl? Heard from her since?

Most relationships fail so we cannot be afraid to try. I just think you were stacking the cards against you from what I can tell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

Forget Hillary care, what about School-Based "Health Care?" [ 37 Answers ]

Middle school in Maine to offer birth control pills, patches to pupils When I was in school about the only good school "health care" was for was a bandaid, an excuse to skip a class or a pan to puke in. What on earth (or in the constitution) gives public schools the right to prescribe drugs...

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

View more questions Search