Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yarzman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 08:46 AM
    Entitled 1000.00 from court
    I won a case against a person, and I set up a garnishment, and it was working until he quit, and moved. I have to find out where he works, and then go from there, but I cannot find this person. :mad: please help me!
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2008, 09:42 AM
    Depending upon how much you still have to collect, you may want to hire a skip tracer to locate the individual for you.

There are some pay sites, that will do a name, address, phone search for a fee, but I'm not aware of anything you could search for an employer.

A private eye, or skip tracer has access to information you or I don't.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2008, 12:39 PM
    Evidently, you know the last address; send a letter, "service address requested", through the US Mail; if he left a forwarding address, the PO will send it to you.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2008, 12:53 PM
    No regular Joe can obtain ANY forwarding address information from the US Post Office.

Some gal, had a restraining order against her abusive BF/Hubby. He mailed a letter to her old address, he got the new one back, with the "used to be" yellow address correction sticker.

He then went to her new address, and killed her.

That caused the Post Office to STOP any and all forwarding information to the general public.

You also used to be able to go to the Post Office, and pay a $1.00 fee for what they called an address search. If the person you were looking for, had an address within the zip code for that Office, they would "sell" you the new address for the $1 search fee. That is also no longer an option.

Yes. It always gets easier for the dishonest to get away with their deeds, and harder for the honest individual to do anything about it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 01:23 PM
    Welcome to the problems of debt collection, winning the judgement is the easy part. Collecting your money is the other. What most people don't realise is a lot of judgements are never collected for various reasons.
    So what you have now is how much are you willing to spend, PI to follow him, use a collectoin agency that will get a large percent of the money to collect it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received court summons in my door and have 2 weeks to court date [ 9 Answers ]

I received a summons on my door for a $5,000 debt to american express. Lawyer office is about 1 1/2 from my home... I am willing to pay the debt, do I have to show up for court? I am going to be out of town and won't be around on the court date... can I call the attorney's office and settle the...

$1000 bet [ 1 Answers ]

The Dalmatian A nursery school teacher was delivering a station wagon full of kids home one day when a fire truck zoomed past. Sitting in the front seat of the fire truck was a Dalmatian dog. The children fell to discussing the dog's duties. "They use him to keep crowds back," said one...

Paycheck Owed to me- How do I take this to court? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello and thank you for reading and giving any advice. I took a temporary job from a woman who does contracts with construction companies to clean up after them. The 2 paychecks I got from her were both late and one bounced. She still owes me a 3rd paycheck of over $2,000 for over a month of...

View more questions Search