Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coolpj Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Circulating Pumps - submersible pumps - low efficiency
    Hello people,

Well I was selecting some hot water circulating pumps and submersible pumps, for a rather big project.

I consulted GRUNDFOS (can't get bigger than that).

For the hot water circulating pumps, Grundfos informed me that the best selection according to my (flow, head) requirements was a pump with a generally low efficiency curve:
    Efficiency at working point: 31.6 %
    Maximum effiency of the pump curve : 32.7%.

Is this selection considered acceptable? Any thoughts?

As for the submersible pumps, since my flow requirements is low (15.8 gpm at 6 meters head, 8.7 psi), the efficiency of the selected pump kept appearing flow on the software.
    Any thoughts?

Thanks !

Paul
    coolpj Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Correction:
    As for the submersible pumps, since my flow requirements is low (15.8 gpm at 6 meters head, 8.7 psi), the efficiency of the selected pump kept appearing low on the software.
    Any thoughts?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Efficiency difference between Heat pumps [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for the efficiency differences between a water-to-air heat pump versus a standard air-to-air heat pump. Is it worth the eletrical savings to go with one versus the other. I have heard that the water-to-air heat pump is much more effiicient but can't find any concrete data.

Heat Pumps [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know why a heat pump would go into standby mode? If so, how can I repair it?

Zone pumps too big? [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing the boiler in our home and purchased individual circulating pumps to replace the zone valves. I have seven zones of which two are new. One zone is for the new 40 gallon hot water tank, which has 1" heating piping. This zone will be a 10 foot loop and I plan on running 1" to and from...

Pumps [ 6 Answers ]

Why is it always advisable to start a pump against a closed valve?

Vac pumps [ 5 Answers ]

Just wondering how long do you leave the pump on the condencer? For 1.5 and 2 T I usually leave the pump on for about 20 to 30 min. Yesterday and today I installed 3 - 5 tonns and 3-4 tonnes at a new building . Tomorrow I'll vac them out for about 30 min each. If you don't mind me asking, what's...

View more questions Search