Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 25, 2008, 01:01 PM
    The lien holder signs when they get paid, then after they sign, you are suppose to sign the title also over to them.

I would not give them any POA personally, but that is just me, I would make them bring me the titles to sign personally But if I did give them anything, it would be only a limited POA and for only the signing of the title on that one specific auto.

I am stll of the firm belief that the other persons insurance company will cheat you any chance they can.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 01:12 PM
    The language in the power of attorney states exactly what the purpose is, and what it is limited to.

The amount of money, to be paid for the total loss, has been determined, and agreed to, and I'm going to assume you have that figure in writing?

Your insurance company will own the vehicle after the lien holder gets paid, that is why they need to be able to endorse the documents to dispose of the vehicle.

Again, it is a very common practice, but of course, if you are not comfortable, you can choose to not sign it, and have them do things your way, however long that may take.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2008, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by motorwasp
    No, it says " power of attorney." I quoted it exactly as written except for the names. My insurance co is not even involved. They bailed on me even though it was clearly the other guys fault. Shouldnt my lien holder be signing these papers? They hold the title.

If your company walked away and the accident was not your fault are you pursuing them?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Payoff home loan vs Invest [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I am at point where I have enough money saved so I can payoff my house mortgage which is 15 year @ 5.5 (12 years left) but I am not sure either to payoff the loan or invest somewhere else to make more than 5%. Please advice Thanks

Payoff Mtg? [ 8 Answers ]

My husband and I are 43. Our last child has left the nest. We own 3 homes, our net equity is roughly $300,000. We have this wild idea... what if we sold all three properties and downsized (which we plan on doing anyways) and own our property free & clear? Since we are so young, we could save...

Loan Payoff at 401k rollover [ 1 Answers ]

NOT HAPPY HERE! Here's the deal. Example is for clarity. Total 401K is $100,000.00 Outstanding loan is $15,000.00 That's it, now I lost my job of 30 years.

Loan Payoff at 401k rollover [ 1 Answers ]

Our plan administrates paid off an existing loan in my 401K before it was rolled over to an IRA. As of today feb 2, I have not received a 1099R. All other withdrawals from the rollover IRA I have received the 1099R's. QUESTION IS: Should I receive a 1099R for the loan payoff also. THANKS ...

Payoff-13 [ 1 Answers ]

Wife Is In 11th Mo. Of Chapter 13 For Credit Cards And Is Listed On Mortgage.I Can Refinance Or Obtain Loans In My Name .what Can Be Done To Eliminate Debt I Have And Get Cash For Things We Need . Lawyer We Have Is No Help.what Is Best Way To Pay Off Chapter 13 And Get Money We Need

View more questions Search