Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susanrj Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 03:31 AM
    5month old infant having Skin rashes and dry skin
    My son is 5month old and just only on breast feed. He is having rashes on his head and body. When he was 1month old it started and still it's there from that time I am using medicines given by doctor if I use medicine its OK but even if I won't use for one day again its coming and his full body is scaly and very dry I am using oil, body lotions given by doctor but no improvements can any one tell me any thing what I can do 2get soft and smooth skin for my baby.
    thepurpose Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Jun 5, 2008, 03:57 AM
    Hey SusanRJ,
    I assure you my prayer is with you tonight. Sometimes doctors prescribe antibiotics and babies not having fully developed immune systems, become very susceptible to the things you described.
    The first is eczema or sounds like psoriasis as the scaly texture is skin growing too fast and piles up on itself.
    The second is yeast infection. Women get them for woman reasons. Babies get Candida infections which are the same basic infection which causes rash and so on. Antibiotics both kill it and cause it without follow-up medication.
    If it is safe, try a soap with Zinc or Salicylic Acid if the doctor approves of it and be careful if you do. A topical solution that actually works is called Betamethisone Dipropionate but, I believe it has cortico-steroid or steroid properties which is up to your doctor to deem necessary and safe.

Hope this helps, thepurpose
    Randomness12345 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2013, 02:58 PM
    My brother had the same thing and no it did not go away easily or permanently. Ge got these rashes after birth too and now he only has some dry skin. My advice would be to go to the doctor. They subscribed my brother this juice made of bugs and it help significantly. Also a good brand of cream to apply would be glaxal base found at shoppers drug mart. He started using this cream at an older age so I am not sure if it will be as good doing for babies. Check it out with your doctor and see what they think.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a cream to promote / increase skin cell exfoliating in middle age (50) skin [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! My skin has really changed since I hit the big "50th birthday. It has become dryer, flakes, thick patches and seems like the dead skin cells don't slough off and just pack into my pores creating hard tiny bumps (sometimes dark color) below the surface and the skin thickens over. My guess is...

Skin lightening for dark Afro skin/ max result [ 72 Answers ]

Hey, I've been reading the forums, it is so much info to absorb. Is their anyone who has had dark Afro- Amer or Afro- Carib and are know a fairer and more even complexion from using skin lighteners. If so can you lead me in a direction, I am willing to use any regime just not too expensive. Thanks...

Skin whitening for brown yellowish skin L-Glutathione [ 2 Answers ]

I know this question has been asked before, but I would like a respond from people who have the same color as me and/or from people who actually done their research on whitening pill and topicals and actually been taking them for many many years. I'm filipina and a little bit of Chinese, so my skin...

My skin rashes - what is it [ 3 Answers ]

I am having large white patches with very much itching, and scaly skin in the area where both the legs just touch each other. Initially, I just had iching and scaly skin, but due to prolonged itching which was unbearable whitish patches have also developed. I started applying the propygenta cream,...

Depression,weakness,caugh,tireness,rashes in my skin,headach [ 1 Answers ]

I have these sings in my body Depression,weakness,caugh,tireness,rashes in my skin,headach,I have a bad taste in my mouth and white spot in my tongue . Can you tel me what it will be ? What kind of diseases is this ?

View more questions Search