Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    serena6878 Posts: 94, Reputation: 10

Jun 4, 2008, 10:56 PM
    About the oil in the soup
    Hi~

Some soup is cooked with oil in it, which might make it more delicious. I am wondering the cook first puts water in the pot, and then put oil in the water, or adversely.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2008, 10:59 PM
    Adversely. Oil is used to sauté meat and vegetables before water is added. If the meat or veggies are not sautéd first, they tend to taste boiled.

Jun 4, 2008, 11:01 PM
    But if I first fry the oil, and then put water in it, would it become like fire-cracker?
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2008, 04:48 AM
    Cripes how much oil are you talking about here? If its just a splash to fry in then no obviously not as the oil gets soaked up by what ever your cooking off.

Jun 5, 2008, 01:29 PM
    It is actually a kind of seasoning soup, for I just want to put some vegetables and meat in the soup to make them tasty. No body want to eat the soup. I think one third of soup would be filled with oil.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Find a recipe for the soup. Some soups are supposed to be oily, like peanut butter soup, but people should enjoy it when it's done.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2008, 06:52 PM
    Most soups that I know of don't need extensive amounts of oil, even potato soup only needs 2/3 c of butter, veggie soup- no additional oil, so I really don't know beside sauteing veggies, or meat why you would add excess oil? Meat and veggies have enough flavoring, so why would you add excess fat? Some butter or a splash of oil seems to me is quite enough if your making a bean type soup the pork back would give off enough flavor as well as grease. Oil basically is fat, you just don't need excessive amounts of it for flavor or health.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cabbage soup [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to make the cabbage soup for a cabbage souup diet?I would really appreciate the recipies if you could send me some!:o

Bowl of Soup play [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, about two years ago I was looking through a monologue book and found an nice excerpt from this play called A Bowl of Soup. I loved that monologue, printed the pages out and used it as a monologue, but have since lost it and can't remember the name of the monologue book or who authored the...

Potato suasage soup [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know a good sausage potato soup recipe?

Potato Soup [ 7 Answers ]

Looking for an old fashion potato soup receipt. Just the basic receipt. Like potatoes milk butter & onions. Single man just wanting to make some without a clue how to cook

How to make a soup base of the vietnam soup noodle [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my name is sweet honey bee... I would like to know how to make a soup base of the vietnam soup noodle. Thanks..

View more questions Search