Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    streeterw Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 08:54 PM
    Used 27' Above Ground Pool Installation
    I obtained an 27' above ground pool from a friend. This pool is about 20 years old, but in very good condition. We asked the pool company who was replacing my friends pool, if they knew anyone who could help us put this new pool up. They referred us to an individual who agreed to dismantle the existing pool and put up the existing pool for about $500. We agreed and he did so.

We ran into a few problems along the way. First we needed to dig the hole for the pool. My wife thought she could do it with a shovel and a wheel barrel. HA HA HA!! After about 3 hours of that we had a relative come in with his tractor and dug the hole. We wanted the hole to be deeper in the center of the pool so we "spooned it" ask they call it.

PROBLEM #1:
    The track of the existing pool was rusted away to nothingness. We asked around to other pool companies in the area for a track similar to that which we had and had no luck. NO one had anything that matched the vertical legs of the pool. Our pool guy suggested we bury the sides deep enough and allow the dirt hold the sides in. We dug down about six to 10 inches.

PROBLEM #2
    As we filled the pool with water, we noticed that the pool was not level. The pool is about 4 to 7 inches shallower on one end than the other. We just had a new deck built and had it installed by the pool guy on the shallower end, thinking that the kids who enter the pool will feel more comfortable getting in the pool in the shallow end.

MY MAIN CONCERN:
    Is is practical thinking? Is my pool safe to swim in? Is there anything to be concerned about? Is there anything I can do to reinforce the pools side walls?

My wife is going to have the summer of and will spend most of the time in the pool with our 2 year old. They are my main concern. I am worried that if someone pushes off the sides of the pool from the inside that it would collapse the pool.

WHAT DO I DO??
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 09:29 AM
    You have double posted so check my answer on your other post that is about 45 minutes older than this post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Above ground pool installation [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, We are installing an above ground pool, we got the ground level and the day of installation it downpoured rain. Now the area where the pool is being installed is wet very very wet. We have clay in the area to top it off. We have been waiting for the ground to dry for 2 days now. The...

Installation of used above ground pool - 2 questions [ 2 Answers ]

A 5 year old above ground pool was given to us. We have hired a pool company to install it. There is some rust on the metal frame which was a concern to us. The man we have hired said that he will treat it with wall foam which should eliminate future rust. Does anyone know anything about this? ...

Install New Pool Liner-Above Ground Pool [ 1 Answers ]

We are going to install a new liner in an above ground pool this weekend. I have read conflicting information as to when the skimmer and jet holes should be cut. Do you fill the pool with water within a foot of the skimmer, attach the trim kit and then cut out the liner? I don't know what to do,...

Above-ground pool installation [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently purchased a Muskin 18' round above ground pool from a friend; however, the instructions on the pool assembly can not be found. She didn't install the pool so she can't provide any advice on taking the pool down. I have searched the internet extensively for instructions with no...

View more questions Search