Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lp1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Credit counseling before bankruptcy?
    My husband and I went to a credit counseling place in September 2007 and they basically told us that we would be better off filing for bankruptcy. When we went to file, we could not afford the fee they wanted to charge us, so we never did. Our financial situation has not really improved, and I was wondering if I had to pay another fee for cc in order to file this time around. Is it mandatory to go to cc before we file, even though we already went?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2008, 05:32 PM
    If you have documentation of attending the class, within the past 12 months, I believe that would meet the standards for being able to go through with the BK.

That is an opinion only, you should check with the attorney's office to find out for sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Counseling bad for credit score? [ 4 Answers ]

We've managed to pay our many bills, but it has really been hard. We've thought about a credit counseling service yet were advised that it can hurt your credit as much as bankruptsy does. Recommend or not?

Credit Repair companies or Credit Counseling companies [ 1 Answers ]

My question is... Can either of these help? I am considering using a company like Consumer Credit Counseling which claims to contact your accounts and arrange lower interest and lower payments and then lump all of your debt into one monthly payment. The lower payment would be very helpful at...

Bankruptcy & Credit [ 3 Answers ]

This is my first time on your site and I am fasinated with the questions and answers too. My question is " I am soon going to court for a judgment hearing on a credit cardi in the state of MD. My entire income is Social Security. If this money is in the bank can it be touched and if so how. I...

Bankruptcy off your credit report [ 2 Answers ]

This is a wonderful site. I was reading another persons question regarding removing bankruptcy off your record takes about ten years. I am curious if bankruptcy is taken off your record after ten years are you obligated to report that you have had a bankruptcy after it is taken out your record? I...

Home Equity loan or Consumer Credit Counseling [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I need some advice. I have about 52,000 worth of credit card and loan debt. I have a credit score of 680 which was 721. I am currently with a consumer credit counseling service which I have to pay 1200.00 a month for 4 years. Im having a hard time making that payment! My question is should...

View more questions Search