Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Diana64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Rate increase
    My husband and I own a trash business and I need to write a rate increase letter please help
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jun 4, 2008, 09:57 PM
    The fewer competitors you have, the less eloquent the letter has to be, but I think it is a good idea to associate the increase with additional services and/or positive changes to the service that benefit the customer. Also, be sure your customer service staff is trained and prepared to deal with upset customers in a positive manner. It's all in how you spin it...

"Dear [Valued Customer]:

[ABC Trash] appreciates your business and hopes that you are satisfied with the service we provide. I am writing today to inform you that it has become necessary to increase our rates so that we may continue to provide the same excellent service [and additional service changes] you expect from [ABC Trash].

The $[X] rate increase will go into effect on [date] and be reflected in your next billing statement. If you have any questions, please call [phone number]. Thank you again for choosing [ABC Trash] for your disposal needs.

At your service,
    [ABC Trash Owner]"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rate increase letter [ 2 Answers ]

Hello my name is Joanne and I was looking over your information on how to write a letter of rate increase. I this is not asking too much I needed assistance in writing a letter for my husbands house cleaning service. They have not raised there rates in 5 years. This is what I wrote so far. I...

Geometric Mean Rate of Increase [ 3 Answers ]

A recent article suggested that if you earn $25,000 a year today and the inflation rate continues at 3 percent per year, you'll need to make $38,598 in 10 years to have the same buying power. You would need to make $44,771 if the inflation rate jumped to 6 percent. Confirm that these statements are...

Geometric mean rate of increase [ 1 Answers ]

Is this correct: find the geometric mean rate of increase. The question is a recent article suggested that if you earn $25,000 a year today and the inflation rate continues at 3 percent per year, you'll need to make $33,598 in 10 years to have the same buying power. (33598/25000)^1/10 = 1.03 ...

Will increase in pump intake pipe size, increase flow rate? [ 1 Answers ]

At my cabin I use a 12 volt Flojet pump to pump water from the lake to the cabin. I am using 1/2 inch plastic pipe for the intake and outlet on the pump. Would I see an increase in water flow if I increase the size of the pipe going from the lake to the pump to 3/4 plastic

View more questions Search