Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boxersx3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Dog messed up keyboard?
    My dog laid on my keyboard last night and changed something that I have no idea how to fix or even what she did. The first thing I saw was a notice that a screen shot ahd been taken. No problem but now if I use the number pad I get weird stuff like this o5\ p8 -0-0 o5\ . I also can not use my backspace key because it does a refresh or enter or something. My keyboard also does stuff like this 907 907 907 that came from the zero button . Please help this is making me nuts as I need to use my computer to help me look for a job.
    Thanks
    Ps it also types over letters intead of incerting them between other letters.:mad:
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 4, 2008, 08:43 AM
    Dear boxersx3

First borrow from someone a keyboard, just to see if the problem is really in the keyboard, or in the computer.
    Switch off your computer completely , remove your keyboard, and re-start again with the new keyboard connected.
    If it is the keyboard : you can buy one for about $ 15,00 , unless you want a very fancy one.

It seems that one of the contacts under one of the keys may be involved.

Success !
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 4, 2008, 09:25 AM
    Press the INSERT key once to get the computer to stop replacing letters/typing over them when you try to type in the middle of a sentence.

What program are you using?
    boxersx3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 01:48 PM
    I am using window xp- another thing the crazy board is doing -- if I hit the backspace button it will go back an intire page --not just a space
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 4, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Is the SCROLL LOCK key turned on? Tap it once.
    VSPrasad Posts: 108, Reputation: 10

Aug 2, 2008, 06:47 PM
    Mouse and keyboard are the cheapest products of a desktop PC. I never try to
    Get any repaired. I keep two sets of spares for each. If one of them gives
    Problems, I through it off and replace it with a new one.

I never buy costly ones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How did it get so messed up? [ 7 Answers ]

Okay I am new here but I need some advice from outside the box. I am 24 years old and was married to a man that still has my heart and I can't get over him, not so complicated huh. We met on our way to Iraq when we got put in the same unit, it was as if we had known each other way before then, he...

I messed up. [ 19 Answers ]

I messed up big time. Like I said in one of my previous questions my boyfriend broke up with me, 3 weeks ago today. Being that I'm adrinaline addict and was just trying to stay numb, I made the HUGE mistake of sleeping with my ex's best friend. I was IM'ing my ex last night and everything was fine,...

How do I disable the laptop keyboard when adding an external keyboard [ 2 Answers ]

My laptop keyboard is screwed up - tried to add an external through a usb port - bad keys on laptop keyboard take priority over external keyboard - tried to uninstall laptop keyboard, but system requests reboot to finish - after reboot system "finds" laptop keyboard and reinstalls - any ideas?

Keys on keyboard completely messed up [ 4 Answers ]

I need help badly. There are many keys on my keyboard that are not working correctly!:confused: e.g. k comes as 2, j as 1, l as 3, 0 as *... it goes on and on... It all started when I was playing an online game. This question was typed with on-screen keyboard! Note: no keys have 'swapped'...

Messed up now what? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi I'm new to this so if I make any mistakes please let me know. Basically I have been on and off with the same girl for the last 3-4 years. We have always liked each other and in that time pretty much haven't dated or seen anyone else. I say pretty much because at times when we were not together...

View more questions Search