Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poetrylady415 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Mar 5, 2006, 10:05 PM
    About my jack russell
    I have a 2 year old darling jack russell. He just got a rabie shot yesterday. March 5. today he is very calm, and quite, he won't eat or drink. He just sleeps. Is this the reaction to the rabie shot. Please someone answer my question. This is my first dog. I am elderly. Got him for a companion.:(
    czerno Posts: 76, Reputation: 6

Mar 6, 2006, 05:37 AM
    It may just be a reaction to the shot. We have 2 jack's and they get tired and lazy the day after. Most likely he'll be a normal hyper jack in no time. But if not soon I'd call the vet and ask, but like I said when we get ours their shots they tend to be lazy that next day. All in all its seems to be a day of rest for us compared to how they are :D
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2006, 05:45 AM
    Reactions to shots aren't common. They do happen. Call the vet. The vet likely will just tell you to keep an eye on him.

Mar 6, 2006, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by czerno
    It may just be a reaction to the shot. We have 2 jack's and they get tired and lazy the day after. Most likely he'll be a normal hyper jack in no time. But if not soon I'd call the vet and ask, but like I said when we get ours their shots they tend to be lazy that next day. All in all its seems to be a day of rest for us compared to how they are :D
    Hello my dog is fine today. The vet told me to give him a baby asprin every 8 hours. He is back to his old self. Ty for caring. Love alice:D

Mar 6, 2006, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by labman
    Reactions to shots aren't common. They do happen. Go ahead and call the vet. The vet likely will just tell you to keep an eye on him.
    Thank you for your e mail. My dog is fine today. He got his baby asprin. Thank you so much for caring. Love Alice:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rj 31X phone jack [ 4 Answers ]

I just bought aRJ 31X phone jack which is supposed to allow my father in laws life line system to dial out even if his phone is off the hook. I need help hooking this into the existing phone line.

DSL jack wiring [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am a total novice to DSL and don't know completely how it works with existing phone lines. Will I have to rewire all of the jacks in my house to split the phone service from the DSL or does the wall jack just split the service? The wiring in my house 25 years old and the multi colored stuff....

Dach Russell with crooked front legs [ 1 Answers ]

Our 2 year old Dacshound and Jack Russell cross is doing well, healthy, energetic, and fun. What has us concerned is that his front legs are so bowlegged and turned out to such a degree that his feet turn completely sideways... in ballet it would be first position. He doesn't seem to have a problem...

Jack Russell turned vicious & won't eat [ 2 Answers ]

Our 15+ year old Jack Russell ***** has attacked our 15+ year old Golden Retriever ***** 6 times now. Last attacked resulted in bad bite to the Jack's nose. We have cleaned the wound and treated it with antibiotic cream and she is resting but still will not eat or drink. She looks like she is in...

Jack The Ripper [ 8 Answers ]

I am doing a psychology project on Jack The Ripper. I need to write a report about his psycological make-up, and history. Do you have any information for me? Also, has there been any new evidence proving or disproving who actually committed the murders? Thanks-

View more questions Search