Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2008, 06:42 AM
    Vitamin B-12 injections
    How much more effective is the injection than taking chewable tablets?
    And how much, if any, does this energize the body?
    Has anyone ever gotten the injection? How did it make you feel?
    Thanks.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jun 4, 2008, 10:05 AM
    The injection is really the best way to get B12 into the body. It is not absorbed by simply swallowing a vitamin pill. I have heard about a pill that you hold under the tongue to try to absorb the vitamin directly into the bloodstream that way instead of injections. And B12 is the secret energy boost ingredient in Red Bull or other energy drinks. Use anything under the advice of a physician. B12 cobalt cyanide is scary stuff, like selenium is scary. I mean remember the cases of poisoned Tylenol. That had cyanide in it.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2008, 05:19 PM
    My doctor gave me a B-12 shot today.
    I can't say that I feel any different.

Anyone else's opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Another Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Dec 4, 2008, 10:34 AM
    B12 IMO will only give you energy if you're deficient. There are tests for the B vitamins that are fairly inexpensive and helpful in diagnosing a possible deficiency:

Vitamin B12 And Folate Blood Test

It's worth the $30-40 IMO to know what you're dealing with in your body.

At least 15 Years ago I took a nasal gel of B12 that was on the counter next to the register of just an average drug store. There are numerous small blood capillaries close to the surface that can soak up whatever you put in there. My chiro had asked me to take B12, and didn't know about this variety. As he didn't expect fast results with oral B12, (sublingual) he was quite surprised that this worked by my next visit according to his tests. Unfortunately, I haven't seen this nice product anywhere since. Did I myself notice a difference with it? 'Not really sure, but if I did it was not a big difference.

There are many possible reasons for lack of energy. You can try to forage around for improvement with various foods and supplements and see what happens, but do pay attention for undesirable results. As mentioned, cyanide isn't a friendly substance, and quite a number of minerals can build up in the system, selenium among them. What you might do to cover many bases in a gentle but effective way, is eat a modest amount of liver once or twice a week. It's rich in many nutrients and even B12, in a much more natural form than supplements. Or go to the superfoods website and pick out some vegetables that are high in vitamins and minerals:

"The George Mateljan Foundation is a non-profit organization with no commercial influence, which provides this website for you free of charge..."

WHFoods: The World's Healthiest Foods

I personally think that medicine isn't very adept at helping with these sorts of problems, and the responsibility rests with us to figure out what our bodies are lacking.

If on the other hand you're a serious vegan, you should research the B12 issue. There seems to be some controversy, but at least some feel it's a serious issue for Vegans:

Pro-Supplements:

Vitamin B12: Are You Getting It? : Recommendations for Vegans and Near-Vegans

Against-Supplements:

Vegans and the B12 Deficiency Myth

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

L-glutathione ,Vitamin C 1000mg IV injections for skin Lightening [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everybody I've read about skin lightening complexion " L-glutathione pills (normally sold in 1 bottle of 500mg L-glutathione containing 500 pills in total at a cost of about USD275-300 per bottle), most people prefer to take L-glutathione injections (400mg IV/IM). Vitamin C 1000mg IV...

Why do I like injections [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I had been to a doctor. He gave me an injection on my upper arm. I used to be very afraid of injections. But the way he held my arm and pierced a thick long needle in my delicate upper arm changed it all. Now, I would love that pain of prick. Why did I started liking injections?

Trigger Injections [ 1 Answers ]

I just found out from my MRI that I have protrusions in my C5 and C6 from a past wreck I had 5 years ago. I had Whiplash pretty bad - but went through tons of therapy for 6 months. But, guess it was never better and has worsen over time. My doctor wants me to go to pain management now. What can...

View more questions Search