Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    froggiesopie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Dating a man with five children.
    Hello everyone ,

My name is andria and I am getting ready to make a huge move in my life . I'm from c:confused: alifornia and the man I'm dating is in Oklahoma and I'm getting ready to move there with him and his five children. A 12 yr old 9,7,2 and a 4 month old baby girl. I'm excited and scared can I please have some suggestions on our relationship and my relationship with the chilren.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 08:10 PM
    Does his children live with him?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 3, 2008, 08:10 PM
    Well when you have visted him how do you interact with the chidren,

Does he have custody of the children? Each issue like this can be tough, when the choice betwwen children and you, what happens,
    What is his interaction with his ex??
    Sikativ Posts: 62, Reputation: 3

Jun 3, 2008, 08:19 PM
    If it's a risk you're willing to take and pay the price for if things go wrong

If so, then you're ready.

Just be ready to adapt.

-Sik
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2008, 06:15 AM
    We need to know more information, how long have you been dating, how do you interact with the kids? As much details about the relationship as possible because like you said, this is a HUGE step
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2008, 07:09 AM
    Dating someone is hard because he has an obligations to al 5 five of his kids financially and it can work or not but you have to take his 5 kids into consideration. But if you think you can handle it mentally and can accept them as your own then go for it. Today it takes a lot to raise one child but with 5 it's takes a whole lot especially when your entering a ready make family.

I personally don't think I could do it ,what happens if your decide to have kids together or you want some on your own and he don't because he already have 5. Are they all with the same mother and what are your ages? If I was you I would really think about, but people have been in this situation and made it work, I just hope he has a good paying job.
    froggiesopie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Hi thank you everyone all of u gave really great answers and asked for more info k----all of his children live with him 3 are from previous drug attick mother and the other are from this ex-wife she has also devoted herself to drugs he is not on drugs very devoted man to his children the exes have nothing to do with their children and yes he is very involved with me he makes sure he takes the time out to call me and give us our time
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

Jun 4, 2008, 01:05 PM
    No, I suggest don'r move in with him, his number one prority should be taking care and loving his children, you would probably make his children umcomfortable, and weird. On the other hand do you know his kids? Do they like you? Have you ever met them before? If they relly like you then move in, if they haven't met maybe you should get to know them before you move in.
    Just my advice
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Now that you have shred some light on the situation, I applause him for stepping up and being a father to his kids, I assume the worst when 1ading question but is sad and sorry that they lost their mother to drugs, you can stick by him but it might be scary or hard but just see how it goes. Best of luck to you.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jun 4, 2008, 01:24 PM
    It will be very expensive lesson for you.. think again.
    shellyjo68 Posts: 100, Reputation: 11

Jun 4, 2008, 01:49 PM
    If you are sure you want to be with him, could you move to his hometown but live in your own home? Get a job and build a relationship with his kids.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 4, 2008, 06:52 PM
    How old are you, and do you interact well with them?

If you have neve met them, then don't make that kind of commitment, to be a mother to 5 kids you don't know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dating a Widow w/ Children [ 8 Answers ]

I need help! I met a man about 8 months ago. He lost his wife a little over a year ago. When we met, we immediately because good friends a help to each other because I met him on the week my husband left me. We both have small children, who are the same age. As time goes on, we have been getting...

Dating a MARRIED man with 2 children. [ 15 Answers ]

OK, fine, so technically he has been "separated"- whatever that means- from his wife. I have been dating him for a little over a month now, and he recently informed me that he is a father and has two children... get this: the only reason why she wanted a second child by him is because she did not...

Dating men with children dealling with ex's [ 6 Answers ]

What advice can you give me about dating a man with 2 children by two other women and they both hate me

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

Dating and Children (about women) [ 5 Answers ]

I've been dating quite a few women lately and my relationships last from 1-20+/- days. All my past GF's say that I'm a great guy but they don't want to date someone who doesn't want children. Personally I really really don't want children (till I'm very old) since I've seen how much of your life...

View more questions Search