Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sbriggs Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2008, 04:59 PM
    Unlawful detainer

I was served an unlawful detainer and I filed an answer,because you HAVE too! So I have a court date for the 19th of June.I am Moving out on the 20th,the next day... my question is.. should I still go to court or should I just move out?:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 3, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Always show up, first there is a proper eviction procedure, and from your previous posts ( and it is a good idea not to start new posts but to add to the existing post)

But show up and prove that the legal eviction procedure has not been followed ( assuming it has not) But you have a right to defend yourself, do it.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jun 3, 2008, 05:16 PM
    Definitely show up! This is your day in court, your chance to tell the judge your side of the story!
    sbriggs Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Well If I do go to court I don't think I have a chance,here is what I do have.. let me know what you think.. My landlord is evicting us because he says we have not paid rent in 3 months! He did however trade rent for rock material from my husbands work,we did not have him sign anything.Stupid me!! I know.All we have is a receipt from my husband work showing that my husband took 3 loads of rock. So I'm thinking I'm not going to do well in court,, right?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jun 3, 2008, 05:28 PM
    You won't know until you try. And what's the worst that can happen? The judge will say that it's not good enough. But at least you'll have a chance. If you don't show up you won't have any chance at all.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2008, 06:19 PM
    What did the landlord do with this rock? Is there any way to take photos of where the rock ended up? Receipt from husband's work plus photos of where the rock ended up should give you a fighting chance in court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've been served an Unlawful Detainer. [ 2 Answers ]

:eek: I have just been served an unlawful detainer. What steps do I take next?

Eviction or Unlawful Detainer? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, and thanks in advance to anyone who can help. My boyfriend moved into my home with me 6 months ago (it is a single family home, I am the sole owner). The relationship is now over and I have asked him to leave. He states that I will have to evict him. We live in Florida, and have no...

Unlawful detainer-VA [ 1 Answers ]

Tomorrow I am going to the court house to file a UD. I do have a couple of questions since it is my first time going through this process. I am going to declare the unpaid rent for July, but can I also include the unpayment for August since the court date will be held in a few weeks? If I can not...

Unlawful Detainer [ 8 Answers ]

I refused to pay my Feb. rent because my landlord has not taken care of the black mold problem. She filed an unlawful detainer on 2/23 to have me evicted - no notices given. This went to court 3/13 and I was told that I had to pay Feb. and March rent (lease is up) and have 10 days to get out for...

Unlawful detainer [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine went to court for unlawful detainer. The case was dismissed. Does that mean if he tries to get another place it may possibly show up.

View more questions Search