Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jace1319 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2006, 02:54 PM
    Monitor shuts down
    I need some help with my monitor.. every time I move the cpu the monitor shuts down but the drives and fans are stilll running. Im not sure if it's the vga cable I checked the pins and they seem to be fine. So if any one can help me please reply Thanks.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2006, 07:26 AM
    Hi, jace,
    If your cable is OK, then there must be a loose connection, or bad socket, in the computer, at the back, where the cable connects to the computer.
    Try the monitor on another computer, see if it does the same. If it does, then the monitor has a bad socket.
    Then try another monitor on your computer. If it shuts down that monitor, then the problem is with your computer socket. Maybe take it to a local computer repair store, talk with their Tech.
    Best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

A/C shuts off after a few seconds [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday, our A/C shut off and would not come back on. It shows on the digital thermostat that the fan is blowing cool (two different icons that appear and move) but the unit is NOT on. After leaving it off for the afternoon, my husband was able to turn it back on, but this lasted 30 seconds...

Home A/C Shuts Down [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Lennox Model HS14-651U-3P that shuts down aprox. 30 seconds after starting. I hear a relay click and the unit shuts down. Any help would be greatly appreciated

PC Randomly Shuts Down... [ 22 Answers ]

Components: Thermaltake Shark Aluminium Full Tower Asus A8N-E nForce4 Ultra (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard Corsair 2GB DDR TwinX (2x1GB) XFX GeForce 7800GT Extreme Edition 256MB GDDR3 VIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 NCQ 300GB 6V300F0 SATA-II 16MB Cache...

My PC Starts, then shuts down [ 2 Answers ]

Hey all, OK just put a new motherboard in & cpu & basically it boots for about 5-10 seconds then shuts down again, getting shorter each time unless I leave it while any ideas Thanks

View more questions Search