Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kickassmcrad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2008, 10:50 AM
    80's movie where kids run the town
    I'm looking for the name of a movie that I remember seeing in the 80's. The adults get locked up or leave and the kids take over the town. One is the sheriff, one is the Judge, etc. I may be wrong, but I remember it taking place in kind of a "western" looking town. Thanks in advance!
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Jun 3, 2008, 11:02 AM
    "The Easter Bunny is Comin' to Town (1977)"... does this sound right??

In Kidville, a land run entirely by children, a clever young bunny invents a new Easter tradition every year as he brings gifts to his friend, the seven-year-old king of the next town. This is a bona-fide children's classic sure to entertain kids and evoke wistful feelings of nostalgia in... In Kidville, a land run entirely by children, a clever young bunny invents a new Easter tradition every year as he brings gifts to his friend, the seven-year-old king of the next town. This is a bona-fide children's classic sure to entertain kids and evoke wistful feelings of nostalgia in adults
    Kickassmcrad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starfirefly
    "The Easter Bunny is Comin' to Town (1977)"...does this sound right???

In Kidville, a land run entirely by children, a clever young bunny invents a new Easter tradition every year as he brings gifts to his friend, the seven-year-old king of the next town. This is a bona-fide children's classic sure to entertain kids and evoke wistful feelings of nostalgia in... In Kidville, a land run entirely by children, a clever young bunny invents a new Easter tradition every year as he brings gifts to his friend, the seven-year-old king of the next town. This is a bona-fide children's classic sure to entertain kids and evoke wistful feelings of nostalgia in adults

Nope, that's not it. It wasn't animated. Thank you very much for your quick reply! The reason I remembered this movie is because that reality show Kidtown or something like that completely ripped off the idea from this movie.
    ShaunsWife Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2008, 07:42 AM
    Children of the corn?
    kerrilynne1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2011, 05:30 PM
    I think it was called Over the Edge. This is about a bunch of teenagers who lock their parents in a school and take over. This came out back in the 70's
    tleed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 03:48 PM
    I've been trying to find the movie you're talking about for awhile. I saw it on a plane to Paris in 2008. I thought it was foreign, but couldn't remember much. It's exactly what you're talking about I'm sure of ti. It was like the children all woke up and replaced their parents' occupations. There were even saloon girls! I hope somebody finds it. If I find it I will be back!
    davidbautista18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 11:55 AM
    Kerrilynne1, I'm trying to figure out that movie too! The kids lock up the adults in the school cafeteria or gym and they are running the town going all crazy and in the end they end up getting arrested and hauled off in a bus. I thought it was called Out of Control but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
    wonthewest Posts: 138, Reputation: 11

Jul 5, 2012, 03:20 PM
    Bugsy Malone? The kids are gangsters.
    davidbautista18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2012, 10:50 PM
    Actually the movie is "Over the Edge" 1979 can watch the whole movie on Youtube in parts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

80's kids sci-fi movie [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, Been buggin me for a while, I remember a film in the 80's where 3 kids built a spaceship out of an old washine machine and other crap and there was a computer whizzkid who made this bubble float using his computer who then used the bubble to fly the spaceship. It's been buggin me,...

80's Kids movie? [ 3 Answers ]

Having memory flashes about a movie from the 80's. I think it was a kids movie but it frighted the crap out of me. Maybe it wasn't a kids movie. I don't watch horrors so it could be one. It is about a young child (boy) who sees a little man in his room. He comes from a heater?? I think there...

80's kids movie [ 2 Answers ]

I vaguely remember a children's movie about two kids who find the end of a rainbow. There is a Leprechaun who takes them to a far of world. The other world was like a big carnival. There were people being dipped in green goo and coming out with wings on their backs. My sister remembers watching...

80's kids movie [ 2 Answers ]

Knowing my luck Im not going to be able to get an answer, but here it is anyways: In the beginning of the movie it was a boy and a girl and they get the larger dolls with short curly hair and then the kids hug them the dolls come to life. Then the dolls and the kids both go into the mirror into...

View more questions Search