Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2008, 10:09 AM
    Immigration
    Hello:

I've posted lots on illegal immigration... However, I could NOT have stated my position better than this editorial does:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/03/op...html?th&emc=th

excon

PS> I'm sure tom will call me a bleeding heart... So be it.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 11:04 AM
    You bleeding heart ! Do they document how many employers who hired them have been detained ? Not enough I'll wager .

Let me again repeat my position. If you stop the infiltration at the border then there would be no need for these huge arrests inside the country.Such a simple solution... you would think the government would be rushing to complete the fence that has already been funded.

I think that Arizona and Oklahoma are setting the example the rest of the country should follow. The cost of enforcement will go down as word gets out that the gravy train doesn't begin when you enter the country illegally.

Do we need more laborers ? If so we should increase our legal visas.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Jun 4, 2008, 02:06 PM
    When people walk into the country, you get all kinds, but there has to be a predominance toward law breakers, after all, they are breaking our law by just walking in. So you get thieves, murderers, rapists, violent gang members, drug dealers, and other assorted mis-fits of their society along with a few basically honest (except for the border crossing) folks, and, oh yeah, terrorists.

And my oh my! A Libertarian who fully agrees with a left wing editorial in the NY Times. Wonders will never cease.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Hello again, Gal:

You're right, but your number are wrong. We DO need to control who walks in. We should, and we're not. That's your do nothing congress.

But, your numbers are wrong in that the bulk of the people crossing our borders are looking for work blowing your leaves, not stealing your money. I know you're not going to believe it. It's either due to right wing radio, racism, or just plain misinformation. That's too bad.

excon

PS> By the way, I'll bet you believe there's a legal way in for these people to come into this country, don't you? But, they just decided to take the easy lawless route. Is that what you think?? You poor, poor ignorant fellow.

There is NO legal way in. Oh, there's a bureaucratic way in, if you want to wait 5 years or longer depending on where you're coming from.

But, the legal immigrants didn't come here that way. They came on a visitors visa and got married or got a job and applied that way. They did NOT apply and wait. Nobody does that... Nobody... And, the poor cannot get visitors visas. They can barely afford dinner.

The poor people, who blow your leaves, make your beds, and wash your dishes CAN'T come here any other way than the way they did.

PPS> If you think the viewpoint at the NY Times is an anathema to libertarianism, you don't understand libertarianism.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Jun 4, 2008, 03:02 PM
    I don't know. My wife makes the bed, washes the dishes, etc. and you wouldn't believe my lawn!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration fees for Australian immigration [ 6 Answers ]

Dear Sir; I want to know the immigration fee for Australian Immigration please also clasify both refundable in case of rejection and non refundable immigration fee. I travers every Australian immigration web site but I did'nt find immigration fee please replay me soon. ...

Immigration Law [ 2 Answers ]

How much wait for Citizenship interview?

Immigration Law [ 1 Answers ]

I brought a fiancée from Colombia. We got married and we lived together for one month them she went back to her country within three months. She stayed in her country for two years, I petition for her as my wife, she came and we live together for one month, she got her permanent resident card and...

Immigration Law [ 56 Answers ]

I had a conversation this weekend with Shai Goldstein, the Executive Director of the New Jersey Immigration Policy Network (NJIPN), a liberal immigration-policy organization in New Jersey, regarding illegal immigration. Shai and I are friends despite the fact that he's a lib and I'm, well... I'm...

View more questions Search