Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RNash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Envoy Clutch Fan
    Judging from the number of them on Ebay for sale the fan clutch on my 2003 Envoy is prone to seizing. Is there a repair to avoid the $400.00 new one?
    Freeflyda Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2008, 01:05 PM
    Envoy - Automotive Forums .com Car Chat

This is an envoy forum, I would suggest subscribing and searching through their archived material. If this is in fact a common problem and there is an easy fix, you will find a thread that already has all the answers you are looking for!
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2008, 05:34 AM
    Is your clutch fan actually seizing or are you trying to prevent the problem before it occurs? I say if it's not broken, then don't fix it.

On the other hand, if it is seizing and your vehicle is overheating, you should be able to purchase one either from a salvage yard or aftermarket and it shouldn't be anywhere near $400.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

94 GMC clutch [ 1 Answers ]

94 GMC Sierra 1500 5 speed The problem: push clutch in, put in gear, let out clutch without touching the gas and it just sits there. If I keep giving it gas it will move after 30-60 seconds, but it does it going into every gear if I try to drive it down the road. Any help would be great.

Envoy Service Engine Soon light-Autozone can't check [ 2 Answers ]

The "Service Engine Soon" light came on steady two days ago on my 2004 GMC Envoy. I took it to AutoZone and their rep. said there was something wrong with the wiring/connection in the box because he couldn't get a reading. My Envoy had sit idle for an entire week at the airport in very cold...

View more questions Search