Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dabiznuss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2008, 08:14 AM
    If your convicted of a felony, can u receive money for school?
    I was wondering if somebody that is convicted of a felony, can receive a grant or do they offer any help for people that are convicted felon's to go to school? :confused:
    abbyfrotten Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2009, 10:51 PM

Can I get financial help for college if I am a convicted felon
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2009, 02:34 AM
    Hi, to both of you!

abbyfrotten, you've piggybacked your question on the thread of someone else. This place doesn't work the same way that a chat room does. It's best to be starting new threads with new questions.

In answer to both of your questions, there might be some federal student aid available but not any grants that I know of, simply because someone is a former felon.

I have heard something about the possibility of money being available through FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for those who have been convicted of a felony. However, it would depend on what the conviction was for and an applicant's compliance with certain stipulations in order to be eligible. For more information, please visit FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid

Once a person has done their time been on probation or parole, basically paid their debt to society, then they are free to apply for monies just like anyone else does in the form of loans or financial aid from educational institutions, banks, municipalities and others.

But, like I said above earlier, in order to be eligible for money from certain programs that are designed to help those who have been convicted of a felony, then it might depend on what the conviction was for and that certain conditions must be met.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I still go to school in Texas with a felony? [ 6 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am interested in Criminal Justice and Psychology, but I am a felon. It is a non violent charge. I am wondering if I can still go to school and be able to get a job in this field with my conviction.

What do you attend school for when you have a felony [ 7 Answers ]

What do you attend school for when you have a felony conviction?

Convicted felony, still get into canada [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my name is david, I have a felony conviction from aug 1995, theft by contractor, I deposited money from a business acount into my personal account, I served my 5 days sentence, and 2 years probation, can I still enter into canada? I being relocated for work.

Employment application: Have you ever been charged/ convicted of a Felony? [ 19 Answers ]

I have an 18 year old son who was charged with a Felony offense (arson) when he was 16, he was placed on Diversion ( like Juvenile probation) and in January of 2008 he can petition the court to have it expunged from his record since he hasn't been in any trouble since or even before that. My...

Can a us army reserve soldier be deported if he gets convicted with a felony [ 1 Answers ]

If anyone can look into this matter I would be so thankful... I served the US Army Reserves but than I was convicted with a drug offense. I received an honorable discharge even though I was convicted with this drug offense. Now I'm trying to get back into the military. If anyone can give me an...

View more questions Search