Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    murryl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2008, 07:33 AM
    Swimmers ear
    ~hey my name is murry when you have swimmers ear and its almost over is it suppose to bleed?? ~
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 07:37 AM
    If you're absolutely sure that you've had swimmer's ear... then yes, bleeding is relatively common.

If you're self-diagnosing, then go see a doctor. Bleeding from the ear can mean a range of bad things.
    Joey G Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 09:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by murryl
    ~hey my name is murry when you have swimmers ear and its almost over is it suppose to bleed???~
    Swimmer's ear is an inflammatioin of the earcanal and depending on the degree of irritation, it can bleed, however I don't expect it to happen when the symptoms are already cleared. Bleeding can also be caused by trauma by trying to clean your ear with Q tips. Sometimes, patients can have a concurrent inner ear infection (eardrum) and the drum itsef can rupture and bleed. My advice is to get seen by a health professional. By the way, for preventing swimmers ear, after showers or swimming, instill a 50/50 mix of rubbing alcohol and white vinegar with an eardropper. The alcohol prevents collection of moisture and the vinegar gives your earcanal that acidic medium that helps prevent infection. Don't use it though IF YOU have any pain or bleeding. Hope this helps. Joey G

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search