Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msbussey22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2008, 07:21 AM
    Network issue
    My machine does not connect to the network until the computer is shut down. What is the problem?
    aung2bo Posts: 87, Reputation: 7

Jun 4, 2008, 11:52 PM
    Did you properly connect the network cable to your computer ? How is your connection ? Using workgroup or under domain ?

Is your network card OK ? Go to command prompt and ping local host.
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Jun 9, 2008, 09:02 PM
    Ms B, you can only connect when your machine is shut down? Is your NIC config'd for Wakeup on LAN?? Can you divulge how can you tell the computer is connected when the PC is shutdown??

P2E

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weird Wireless Issue, laptop shuts down wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, here it goes. I am in the process of fixing a buddies computer. He has a dv8000 HP. When I got it, he said that it will not connect to the internet either through wireless or cat5. I brought it home, were have a wireless network and tried to connect. I get no connection and limited or no...

Not on college network, my computer says it cannot detect wireless network?Belkin [ 2 Answers ]

I took my Dell laptop with me to college and used a cable to hook it up in the dorm. When I came back for the holidays my parents had gotten a new wireless card (BELKIN) for their laptop but said that they didn't change anything else. My computer used to run wireless at this home and my parents...

Network Access Issue [ 3 Answers ]

Looking for suggestions here. I have a home network that includes two desktops and two laptops all running XP of various flavors. I also have to NAS storage devices, one that uses special software and one that does not. The desktops and NAS devices connect to an 8-port switch which then connects to...

Home network issue [ 1 Answers ]

I have 5 computers to hook up to my home network, one by Ethernet and the others wireless. If I hook up the older computer to the Ethernet cabel on the router it seems to slow the wireless signal down from the router to the other computers. What could cause this I have a Belkin wireless G Plus...

WinXp Network Issue [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 computers (both using WinXP HE) that are connected via a routher and a modem. They can both get on the internet with no problem. But for some reason they cannot see each other on windows. I can ping the address and get a response - so I know the router is working. I just can't view...

View more questions Search